Firefox crashing..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are running a 64 bit system, then you are better off using Waterfox, Firefox was primarily designed for a 32bit OS, Waterfox is designed for a 64 bit system. I ran Firefox for ages, with no issues, then when I put it on my new laptop I started having issues, I removed it and went to Waterfox and haven't had the problems since.

If you are running a 64 bit system, then you are better off using Waterfox,

Not really, Waterfox is just Firefox recompiled as 64 bit, there is literally no difference, apart from the updates sometimes stop working and you are often behind the main Firefox stable branch. There is no benefit to running Waterfox really, not all plugins and addons work with it, and it still has the same memory leak Firefix has but now it can use all your memory not just 4GB.

I wouldn't recommend switching.

That memory leak is a pain, I close FF before sleeping the PC, then fire it back up after resume.

With the impending switch to webapps most of my plug-ins won't work - only have a few - so I may move to Chrome.

cheers, Paul

I used to have Firefox crashing  in every session  ,  after updating & refreshing it stopped crashing and began  ..." Firefox not responding"   frozen screen  .....then just taking ages to do anything .

Such as opening My BT emails , about 5 mins  ....opening this Forum , 5  --- 6 mins  then  "Firefox not responding"   or  "Microsoft  not responding"  .

Recently changed the browser to Opera  which seems to work much quicker .  
Should have added  that Google Chrome  was struggling too .      I can only guess its to do with the OS no longer supported by Microsoft .  

I have switched to chrome for that problem. I am fine now. No crashing but fast browse. :)