Sentinel Service Failed To Start...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI All,

Now, i know nothing about computers!!!! I built this one from bits, but then that is about as hard as fitting a car radio...

Anyway, in the last few weeks, every now and again, the thing will just stop dead, totally black screen, with no response from the thing at all. If i switch it off, and then back on, alll will be fine. If i look in the error logs thingy, there will be this message about "sentinel service failed to start" and something about cannot find some file. What is this all about???

Also, do not know if it is connected, but in the last 2 weeks, a fair proportion of the time i try to connect to the internet, and it cannot. and i will have to try several times, maybe a few minutes later.

This computer is on NTL's cable, is on 24 hours a day, and so should be permanently connected to the internet anyway????? [i think..]

Any ideas????

john...

Hi Canoe,

That means absolutely nothing to me!!! What you mean "installed something" ?? Does that mean recently, or ages ago, of a device, or software?? The only thing that has been added to the thing in the last few months, are a new printer, and it worked ok after, and my other half installed some itunes thingy, and it worked ok after that.

Oh, and crappy microsoft update things too, but i only had that turned on for a bit, usually it is always off. I have Norton internet security too, and update that and do a full scan every few days, so i do not think it could be any sort of virus

Oh, it is on XP if that helps..

john..

Last edited by a moderator:
john,

There are a few of us that could help you by remote control if you want.

There is some software that can give us a one time access, but for as many times as you like, as it generates a random password every time you let someone connect, that you have to give them before they can access your PC, it is quite secure and well used.

Let us know if you need help.

Hi All,

Why do i have a little icon telling me that a bluetooth network cable is unplugged, when i have not got one?? I do have a Bluetooth dongle thingy, but i only use that with my megger MFT and it is working of with that!!

john..

Ooo, just fixed that last one!!

john...

could it be the same driver is also looking for a wifi dongle, and it is taking priority over the inbuilt wifi?

just a thought,

remember, you are using windoze, it will do what it wants, not what you want it to.!

Latest posts