Fitzgerald lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HONEYMON57ER

Reaction score
Sad to see that Fitzgerald have gone into administration. I was selling thier

fluorescent battens when I was 16 (1979). Always quite a good company to deal with. I used to regularly see Peter Fitzgerald when I was the purchasing director for a wholesaler in the early 90's. I'm sure many of you have put in thier lighting over the years. I was just about to start dealing with them again as we opened an account about a month ago.

BBC NEWS | England | Cornwall | Jobs go at lighting manufacturer

Sad to see that Fitzgerald have gone into administration. I was selling thierfluorescent battens when I was 16 (1979). Always quite a good company to deal with. I used to regularly see Peter Fitzgerald when I was the purchasing director for a wholesaler in the early 90's. I'm sure many of you have put in thier lighting over the years. I was just about to start dealing with them again as we opened an account about a month ago.

BBC NEWS | England | Cornwall | Jobs go at lighting manufacturer
That really suprises me. My main wholesaler mainly sells there lighting. If they go it will be a shame. I think with all these companies going pop we may need a rapid change in government.

Batty

Fizgerald non-corrosion fluorecsents were really good, all the other makes the polycarbonate lids are terrible. X(

i thought fitzgerald lighting was owned by two *** guys???Michael Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzmichael

or maybe i'm thinking of someone else
Applaud Smiley I got it, not sure anyone else noticed ;)

Applaud Smiley I got it, not sure anyone else noticed ;)
Them pair are about as old as those other "friendly" Scottish builders...

Ben Doon & Phil McCavity!Blushing:O:(

Think I was still at school last time I heard all these names!!! :| :_|

bit like nostalgia night.. :p

we had Chas & Dave on another post somewhere tonight! ;) ; )

Very sad for Fitzgerald Lighting - I worked there for 10 years and have fond memories in sales for them - good luck to all now looking for jobs

Very sad for Fitzgerald Lighting - I worked there for 10 years and have fond memories in sales for them - good luck to all now looking for jobs
It appears that way. :(

Welcome to the forum, Salopman.

Yes, very sad to see them go, we have been selling them for 16 years. I can only guess the bank pulled the plug on any finance arrangement. We are going to have to change over to Thorn now.

Sad to see that Fitzgerald have gone into administration. I was selling thierfluorescent battens when I was 16 (1979). Always quite a good company to deal with. I used to regularly see Peter Fitzgerald when I was the purchasing director for a wholesaler in the early 90's. I'm sure many of you have put in thier lighting over the years. I was just about to start dealing with them again as we opened an account about a month ago.
I cant quite go back that far but certainly Fitzys were there at the beginning when I started wholesaling in 92. I'd like to know what caused them to finally go as it seems very early to go bust in the current economic problems. We have still got quite a bit of stock left but it looks like we will be swapping over to Thorn if nothing last minute comes from Fitzys. Have to say I am a bit wary of Thorn, they have actually put together a very good package for us, but larger manufacturers have a habit of doing enough to get you in and then steadily increasing prices thereafter.

i thought fitzgerald lighting was owned by two *** guys???Michael Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzmichael

or maybe i'm thinking of someone else
Try sticking it in the jokes section but then again don't bother it's as old as Noah's Ark:z:z

Fitzgerald is a major loss to cornwall.

Large single site employer all the light fittitngs built by local labour not import chineese as others have, maybe thats been their downfall.

13 people now left at fitzys, if you want any fitting in stock its cash only as production has now stopped.

Sorry for all the staff at christmas

Hi guys, lets face facts the likes of fitzgerald can no longer rely on day to day business from wholesalers as many are going with other cheaper brands especially on large jobs with low bays, non corrosives, 600x600 ftgs ect unfortunate i know, but its so price driven 80% of the time its.R.I.P. FITZGERALD.

im up for that idea Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley
There aren't enough manufacturers left in this country to supply all needs. Most so called British companies import from abroad including most of the majors own brands.