Getting Corn Snake to eat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apache,

I realise that you have not examined my mutt and only have what I have put on the forum to go on.

Any suggestions on Lady, would your gut instinct be to exercise her gently or let her rest the leg?

TIA

Apache,I realise that you have not examined my mutt and only have what I have put on the forum to go on.

Any suggestions on Lady, would your gut instinct be to exercise her gently or let her rest the leg?

TIA
Rest for a couple of days. If it's not improved by next week pop her along to your Vet for a check. Could have arthritis or a pulled muscle and need some painkillers as the least.

If she is not putting the leg to the floor you need to get her seen ASAP!

Thanks Apache,

She is putting weight on the leg, in fact she walks normally on it most of the time, every now and asain whe will smart from the "pain".

We'll leave her to her own devices for a few days.

That is not to say she won't do the 6 sec 200yd dash after the local fox tonight!

She has gone into a shed so she will not feed now until she has finished as I understand things.

This was probably the underlying reason all the time.

Thanks for asking.

Just an update.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Our Corn shed her skin on Sat evening. She immediately became super active and remained so through Sun.<o:p></o:p>

By Sun eve we decided to try a feed.<o:p></o:p>

We thawed the food and heated it with a hairdryer. We waved it around at her and she seemed a little interested, but still no real movement.<o:p></o:p>

We decided to get a shoe box, knock a few air holes in the lid & put snake & food in the box.<o:p></o:p>

We checked 5 mins. later & the food was gone, thought it had escaped until we saw a big lump in the middle of the snake!<o:p></o:p>

So now at least we know she it not ill!<o:p></o:p>

I've skipped the details in deference to the feint hearted!<o:p></o:p>

Paul<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

You heated food with a hair dryer .............................. thats a new one on me , we used to get ours out first thing in morning put em on a plate and covered with another plate left them on kitchen worksurface for about 12hrs then used barbecue tongs to hold by tail , into viv placed near to snakes head and slowly drag backwards away from snake ...........

it didnt take long for the snakes to strike........

Always try to avoid handling the food with bear hands as this can place your scent onto the food and the snake can take your smell as food ..........

Well we actually defrosted it first in a bag in warm water, then heated it up more with the hair dryer!

Latest posts