Good Start To The Day

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
Come out to the van this morning. It unlocks with the fob. Notice side door not shut properly. Notice cab is even more messy due to it been ransacked. Change gone, spare key to my BMW gone, timberland pro work jacket gone. Back of van my hand tool bag is gone.

Just adding up the cost of CK technicians bag and its contents is over £1200.

Really annoyed.

Wondering if my key fob got cloned or if I left it unlocked. Sure it made the unlocking noise when I went out this morning.

Ohh ****! What a carp way to start the day!!!

Thieving bastards!!!

Vw transporter? It should auto lock unless something is left open, this happened time when Mrs's didn't shut the boot properly & they ransacked the car. :(

Did you see anyone hanging about when you got home? Has the rear lock been tampered??

Keep an eye on eBay etc for your tools. Hand tools may be harder to get rid of.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Come out to the van this morning. It unlocks with the fob. Notice side door not shut properly. Notice cab is even more messy due to it been ransacked. Change gone, spare key to my BMW gone, timberland pro work jacket gone. Back of van my hand tool bag is gone.

Just adding up the cost of CK technicians bag and its contents is over £1200.

Really annoyed.

Wondering if my key fob got cloned or if I left it unlocked. Sure it made the unlocking noise when I went out this morning.
Hope your bmw is not parked nearby.

Else you can park it outside and watch over it and wait for the punk to turn up to nick it.

I know how it feels.

It has happened to me a couple of times, the last time the insurance just wanted a crime number, a list and a total amount, as soon as I gave them those they paid immediately. Funnily enough, my neighbour saw who did it and gave a good description to the police along with a statement. A few weeks later I had a letter from the police saying they had closed the case due to lack of evidence. I phoned them and told them about the witness and the statement, they re-opened the case and found out who did it, but he was already in prison for something else by then and it was too much bother to get him released, taken to a police station for a formal ID and re-arresting him. So they dropped it again. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that Pewter  ...its a shytte crime to steal the means of somebody's livelyhood ... the police arn't really interested TBH .

I've had it happen 3 times.

You need to watch the Beamer now though.

neighbours VW got done over because if you double click the remote lock, like many of us do to make sure it is locked, it unlocked the side door again - could be a common fault?

thieving scum should be shot

get an engraver, makes it much harder for them to sell anything. almost everything i have has my postcode / name on it (even some cutters / screwdrivers)

you should also get some extra locks for your van, make it harder for anyone trying to get in.

If the BM goes missing i might have enough money to buy some tools back.

Van only seats 3 so it means no more trips out with the misses and kids. :innocent

Joking aside, tonight i have wedged it between 2 cars, tomorrow i  might remove a relay or something.   That would top off my sulking if the BM went. Its only an old one, but i like it.

Maybe if the cars in that bad a shape they may of taken key for posterity purpose only???

Sorry to hear your bad news pewter, as others have said, any **** that takes a mans tools for his livelihood deserves to be shot.

Just...thinking aloud.......not suggesting that you should, but if you desire too then it wasn't my idea.

I love the banter.

Motor is prolly worth 3K and I have made it really tidy. I would be sad if anything happened really. I'm annoyed about the key as a new spare would cost £100ish. New lock set must be £300ish. I'm not a fan of claiming on anything really. If I did I'm sure my premium would just go up.

I don't think who did it was a spark, in the cabin I had a bag with 4x boxes of wagos, and s box of boxes. They took them out the bag and left with LED drivers and took my timberland pro work jacket (with silicone marks and stains). Left BS7671 and GN3.

I was very lucky really in the back as they only took 1 bag, that was sat on a half empty van vault as tester and leion battery's go in at night. I sometimes put it in the chest, but who would break in outside my house in my quiet street. I am annoyed I have lost all my best clean hand tools, which I should have put in the chest. I have an identical bag in bad dusty shape with rounded off drivers and blunt cutters. I can get by for a bit. Things like presents the seal fairy gave me is annoying to lose as I can't buy them.

I think the mess of the back scared them as I still have everything else which is worth a fortune also. It all adds up the stuff we carry.

Deffo disconnect something in the car! Maybe not the battery that can be a headache of its own.

I don't have an alarm on my van as my employer decided that it was cheaper to disconnect it rather than repair it ! :(

I do however have BFO locks everywhere!

Didn't someone on here get fed up with being robbed and wire up the back of their van? I may have dreamt that???

After sulking for 2 days I thought putting the radio on might cheer me up. I appears that got stolen also.

Just putting advert on street life , Twitter and face bollox.

List of missing bits. If anyone gets offered any in Leigh, Southend, Basildon area.

I have had stolen a timberland pro jacket. Dewalt site radio ( bright yellow). CK technicians case which contained 2x fluke voltage and amp testers, brother printing machine, CK pliers x2, CK long nose pliers x3 CK side cutters x2, CK heavy cable cutter x1, CK strippers x2, CK crimpers, CK adjustable wrench, CK screw drivers , bahco screw drivers, CK pic cutters, insulated water pump pliers, CK torch, snap on torch, snap on head torch, Alan key set, star key set, plus more things.

Instead of an advert advertising what you had stolen why not put an advert as I wanted items obviously don't list everything but just list some of the bigger items see who comes to you