Growatt inverter, battery and ev charging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pkirk

Reaction score
Hi

I have just had a growatt system installed with solar and battery. The ev charger works but at the moment draws from the battery. I want to avoid this so it uses the cheap night rate. Any ideas how on a Growatt SPH5000 how I can set this up to not use the battery at a set time?

You need to go into the settings, select battery first and then set the times you wish.
This should help.

https://www.energetica-india.net/articles/guidance-for-operation-modes-of-the-sph-series-inverter
I have this set so battery first is enabled for the set time the ev will also charge. If the solar is 0 then the battery would not be touched?

Additionally if I enable AC charge it will recharge the battery whilst using the mains for the ev charger?

This seems to be what the diagram on the link indicates

If set to battery first it'll only charge and won't discharge in the time window you set.

AC charge will charge the battery to the SOC you set during the time window. EV charging will use the mains.

Thanks. You have confirmed my thinking. Fingers crossed for some charge still in the battery tomorrow morning