Growatt MOD 4000TL3 Inverter Outrange error!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrscm

Reaction score
Bought a Growatt MOD 4000TL3 inverter with Growatt batteries. When turning the inverter on I get an AC V Outrange (03) error. The grid voltage is 215v and the inverter is set to 230 volt by default? Thats why the inverter will not work i think. Is it possible to change the voltage in the inverter to 215v? I have the app installed, can i change the inverter voltage in the app settings and where exactly? I changed the grid parameters: High Grid Voltage Limit and Low Grid Voltage Limit. The changes are saved but it didn't fix the problem. I still have the outrange error. But for example when i try to change the working mode setting or the grid type setting i get a save failure, it doesn't save the changes. The password is correct.

Growatt Inverter and batteries are bought in the netherlands. But installed in the Caribbean thats where i live.

Thanks for the answers!

The High grid and low grid voltages parameters are saved and stored, i can see the changes in my growatt dashboard. Where can i set the country parameters to the Caribbean? Maybe its that? Because i feel i need to make more changes but i don't know what. My batteries are Growatt ark 7,8 kwh. 50hz 220 volt
Thank you for your answer!

Manual attached, page 35 covers country setting.

It also says if it's reporting grid volage problems and the voltage is within spec, contact the supplier :(

Attachments

• growatt manual MOD series.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
With setting up the inverter i got the country select. No caribbean was there. Only european countries. There was a standard parameter for other countries, thats what the manual said so i did. But i can only change the voltage in the settings. I can not change it to three phase, which is what i have. Its on single phase now. But when i change it i get the parameter failure message. I read somewhere else that a firmware update fixed that problem?

I am trying to get in contact with growatt but thats also very difficult

With setting up the inverter i got the country select. No caribbean was there. Only european countries. There was a standard parameter for other countries, thats what the manual said so i did. But i can only change the voltage in the settings. I can not change it to three phase, which is what i have. Its on single phase now. But when i change it i get the parameter failure message. I read somewhere else that a firmware update fixed that problem?

I am trying to get in contact with growatt but thats also very difficult
I don't have any experience with this inverter, only with other Growatt inverters, good luck, please do keep us updated.

May be worth a shot at setting the country to one of the european ones that's closest to your electrical system?

Still working on it, finding new ways to try almost everyday. Growatt only replies 2 times then it stops or it takes days for them to answer
Does somebody know how to register these values in the advanced settings?

You can modify register address value below:

52 register address: Vac Low ( Grid voltage low limit protect ) the value equals voltage*10 like 250*10 =2500

53 register address: Vac High ( Grid voltage high limit protect ) the value equals voltage*10 like 480*10 =4800

64 register address: Grid low voltage limit connect to Grid , the value equals voltage*10 like 250*10 =2500

65 register address: Grid high voltage limit connect to Grid , the value equals voltage*10 like 480*10 =4800

80 register address: Voltage protection for 10 mins , the value equals voltage*10 like 480*10 =4800

Not exactly sure where i have to fill in everything

Attachments

• Dashboard (2).png
    Dashboard (2).png
    29.1 KB · Views: 1