Growatt spa3000 battery question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhudson

Reaction score
Hi,
Currently my spa3000 is hooked up to a big lead acid bank, I intend to upgrade this to lithium ion this week. I can get a pack that has a BMS but the BMS does not have the ability to communicate to the SPA3000, is this an issue? I've tried setting the SPA to lithium mode but it's constantly complaining about no BMS Comms. Can I treat it like a lead acid? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance

Do you know for sure the BMS wont talk? As long as the BMS has the ability to stop charging when the cells are full or any cell exceeds a maximum voltage you should be fine. I have tried a few BMS's on my Growatt SPH and they all talked. Are you able to set charge voltages on your Growatt?

Do you know for sure the BMS wont talk? As long as the BMS has the ability to stop charging when the cells are full or any cell exceeds a maximum voltage you should be fine. I have tried a few BMS's on my Growatt SPH and they all talked. Are you able to set charge voltages on your Growatt?
I'm pretty sure it won't talk.

I'm not sure about the voltages, I can set the lead acid voltages so was thinking I could just tell the controller it's a lead acid?

I'm pretty sure it won't talk.

I'm not sure about the voltages, I can set the lead acid voltages so was thinking I could just tell the controller it's a lead acid?
Buy a BMS that will talk and fit it to the batteries?

Do you have good voltage adjustments in lead acid mode, i.e can you set it to 55.6v for example? Can you current limit also ?

Latest posts