Hager Consumer Units (and Acessories)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiriusII

Reaction score
Hi,

would you say that Hager is an 'after market' range?

i was in the wholesalers recently and one spark swore blind that they were.

personally, i think he is talking out of his ass and that hager are up there with mk etc.

Aftermarket brand? Not following you there entirely.

Quite a subjective topic anyway, I wouldn;t dream of replying with anything vaguely on topic. ;)

I assume you mean, cheap replacement item as opposed to quality first rate.

They'd better be good, they were recommended to me and I'm fitting three this week!

I'll let you know!

I also use them all the time, can't fault them, never had any problems with them.

Have been fitting them for over 10 years now.

When I've got a difficult install they are my preferred board. Nice to work with - and the IP4X top cover is nice if you have to use top entry. Never had a failure of an MCB or RCD. Only problem is that the main switch + 2 RCD boards tend to be very wide. I really used to like Ashley accessories - who I believe are Hager - but not easy to get now.

Nothing wrong with Hager boards.......think I'll be using alot more of them since the Electrium recall of mcb's.

I like hager TPN boards too - ooodles of space; and a glazed door(lockable), so that non-technical persons can see the state of the protective devices; but not gain access (if required.)

KME

Hello Welcome to the forum.

I am with the other Guys on this. Hager is a top named brand and is NO way a "After Market" brand.

Has anyone used the accessory for wiring in the tails easier without having to bend them over? There is a picture of it on the DB box, but the wholesalers have never seen one.

Has anyone used the accessory for wiring in the tails easier without having to bend them over? There is a picture of it on the DB box, but the wholesalers have never seen one.
I've not physically seen it but Western Electrical are aware of it. Quoted about

Nothing wrong with Hager boards.......think I'll be using alot more of them since the Electrium recall of mcb's.
Yes I'm losing faith in Crabtree too, wholesaler reckons they have more failures than others plus we had to wait forever for (1) a 16 way DB and (2) a MCCB for a panel board ( 4 weeks !!) :(

Yes I'm losing faith in Crabtree too, wholesaler reckons they have more failures than others plus we had to wait forever for (1) a 16 way DB and (2) a MCCB for a panel board ( 4 weeks !!) :(
Crabtree have always taken ages for special orders, or for stuff where they run out. I have waited several Months for grid switches before now. They only run certain machines for a run every now and again so if you want something that isn;t on the shelf you have to wait until either the machine that makes it is back on the line again or they have enough of a back order to warrant dusting it off again.

Its carp these days , never happened when the Crabtree factory was in Walsall . Same with Bill switchgear , factory used to be 2 miles away , (now a warehouse importing white goods from China) Bill swallowed by MEM now EATON and very expensive compared with others.

Hager is top notch ive put 2 in last week and i had no problems with them, plenty of room and look fairly neat on the wall. :)