Hager Sollysta series: Warranty for Product Lifetime?!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alla Musica

Reaction score
While Scolmore Click, BG and MK products come with incredibly long warranties (20 yrs, 30 yrs and 30 yrs respectively), Hager Sollysta surprises me with its "warranty for product lifetime" (https://hager.com/uk/policies-certificates/products-warranties).

Could anyone please let me know what this means, and is it necessarily a good thing or not?

Also, how should we define "product lifetime"?

Cheers,
Christopher

It's guaranteed for as long as it lasts and works
Once it fails the warranty is void 😂🤣
Problem solved anyway - I looked into the T&Cs which says:
1.14 “Product Lifetime” is the reasonable lifetime of a wiring accessory product in this catalogue and is taken to be 25 years from the date of manufacture.
It's hilarious why Hager doesn't just make it clear so that I didn't have to start the thread!
Also watch out - it says "from the date of manufacture", rather than "date of purchase". That's rather bit cringe innit...
Had enough of it.

And in 20+ years time they are going to want
Original,packaging
Receipt
Purchase order
Original installationncert
Intermediate EICrs
Expect you to,visit site for free
Substitute temp solution for free
Return item to them
Return visit to,site to fit replacement item for free

This is if the company still exists and spares are available

In my humble, and some would say 'blinkered and bigoted ' view, it's not worth the toilet paper it's written on

So you have a 20 year old light switch which has cost less than a couple of quid, if it fails how long are you going to spend claiming on a warranty it will be much cheaper to bite the bullet and just replace it

So you have a 20 year old light switch which has cost less than a couple of quid, if it fails how long are you going to spend claiming on a warranty it will be much cheaper to bite the bullet and just replace it
Yep, that as well!
Warranty on LED lamps!!!!!! If you look at the T&Cs they are only warranted if not used🤣😡🤣🦄💩

Latest posts