Hanchuess batteries

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
never heard of it.
Me neither until recently. Everytime I find an installer interested in my project, he comes up with new brand and of course they are the best :)
I did mention pylontech to him and he said they used to work with pylontech up until 2020 but they had many problems with the brands and support is impossible to join. I have no means to verify that claim...

Hanchu is sold in the UK by https://www.infinityinnovations.co.uk/

I take, as the industry is still innovating a lot, there are regularly new products and newcomers. The choice will be to either take the latest tech but take the risk that it is relatively new or go with older tech with the disadvantage of being old but the advantage of being known...

I take, as the industry is still innovating a lot, there are regularly new products and newcomers. The choice will be to either take the latest tech but take the risk that it is relatively new or go with older tech with the disadvantage of being old but the advantage of being known...
I always find it highly amusing when they claim new features AI - No evidence, Individual cell monitroing and temperature sensing - not unique, all systems to my knowledge do this and the list goes on. I'm not sure the blade format gives much by way of advantage but whatever. Yer pays yer money yer makes yer choice, take a hit for the group and see how you go. 😜 😜 😜

When I finally have my system installed I will definitively provide feedback. I owe you all this :)

I just read on their warranty

1691496193714.png

Not bad, I don't often see the SoC at the end of the warranty. Sunsynk has it and it is 40% !!!

I did not know about blade technology. It seems BYD was the innovator.

When I compare the 10kWh from SolarEdge or Tesla, clearly this Hanchu is a lot lighter and compact. If there is no difference in performance, at least having a smaller battery yet with the same performance and a plus for me. I intend to have them installed in my attic.

80% is the often quoted figure for batteries.
I wish I could see that. Most of the time there is no such info.
Do you have examples of datasheets where it says 80%?
I have read the Solax, SE, Sunsynk. Polyntech, Growatt, Powerwall and only sunsynk states it and it says 40%.
Thanks a lot.

PS: I am not a dIYer as you know so won't go near products that may have very detailed datasheets and required me to build my own battery :)

Thanks @Oldman22
I like this shape they are easy to install.

I read this in the specs

1691510667870.png

Looks good. When you think that one year is generally a bit less than 365 cycles.

I'm thinking the next advance in batteries will happen before 4000 cycles, so I'm not too concerned with keeping to 80% with mine.

At the end I ask the installer to quote for the Frogstar.
It is designed in the UK, the customer support is very responsive (so far)
and from the specs it has better performance than the HanchuESS and longer life span.
In addition, I always wanted the rack shape as it is easier to install against a wall (I can put more batteries on the wall).

Fingers crossed. This installer will now provide a robust design at a reasonable cost and I will at last be able to have my extended system. 18 months I'm on it....

I wish I could see that. Most of the time there is no such info.
Do you have examples of datasheets where it says 80%?
I have read the Solax, SE, Sunsynk. Polyntech, Growatt, Powerwall and only sunsynk states it and it says 40%.
Thanks a lot.

PS: I am not a dIYer as you know so won't go near products that may have very detailed datasheets and required me to build my own battery :)
Data sheet attached for EVE cells, section 5, row 4 in the table.

eve01.PNG

Attachments

• LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification( Version B )(1).pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 0
Interesting thanks @johnb2713

Thanks to @Oldman22 I discovered the Fogstart Rack 51.2V 5.12kWh. They claim they use Grade A EVE Cells, yet their warranty is SoC 80% for 4000 cyles and 50% at 6000 cyles as reported above. Is there a grade above A ? I am surprised if Fogstart use EVE cells why they don't have the same warranty.

Thanks to @Oldman22 I discovered the Fogstart Rack 51.2V 5.12kWh. They claim they use Grade A EVE Cells, yet their warranty is SoC 80% for 4000 cyles and 50% at 6000 cyles as reported above. Is there a grade above A ? I am surprised if Fogstart use EVE cells why they don't have the same warranty.
I recommended Fogstar to everyone on here following my expoerience with them. I'm not sure why they dont offer the same guarantee of performance if they use the grade A eve's as they supply. Maybe ask the question?

These in the rack are not the same spec as the 280Ah eve cells.
The rack uses 100Ah grade A cells
The closest I can see (may be they use these?) is the 105Ah cells. They have a lifespan of >3500 cycles and charge at 0.5C (0.05C termination current up to 3.65V) with discharge 0.5C (down to 2.5V).
So Best ask them your question.

These in the rack are not the same spec as the 280Ah eve cells.
The rack uses 100Ah grade A cells
The closest I can see (may be they use these?) is the 105Ah cells. They have a lifespan of >3500 cycles and charge at 0.5C (0.05C termination current up to 3.65V) with discharge 0.5C (down to 2.5V).
So Best ask them your question.
They have in the past but currently showing out of stock.

foggy2.PNG

Ahah @johnb2713 I said no DIY!!! :)
so I am looking at the rack. Also the datasheet from EVE you shared with us is about different cells. So this could be why the rack as SoC 80% at 4000 cycles and not 6000 cycles as in the datasheet. However I will ask the question and report back :)

As expected their rack use a different cell than the one in your datasheet.
Here is their response
"The LF280K cells (280Ah) are not used in our rack batteries, our rack batteries use a LF100LA - so a different type of EVE cell."

By any chance @johnb2713 do you have the same pdf from EVE but for LF100LA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts