Henly block

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh the  mottled Bakelite of course ...right handed   with the fold away hinge  please  .... would you have 50 of them  at a bulk price  ?   
I only have the ones that work with the transparent insulated unsheathed flex with the uninsulated alligator clips twisted on the end

These were deviantly RDL 100 amp rated but the terminals were all the same size  you can easily get 16mm into them but never 25mm.
I got singles and fitted them instead terminal opening much wider and 25mm fitted with no problem

IMG_4789.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to David: How have you been preparing the insulation on the tails before termination (not a trick question)

Question to David: How have you been preparing the insulation on the tails before termination (not a trick question)
I cut the two sheaths to expose the copper, then cut the outer sheath back another 10mm. thats the way l was taught in the 80's when l was an apprentice with the lecy board. Notice that a lot of modern practice does not take the outer sheath back.

I cut the two sheaths to expose the copper, then cut the outer sheath back another 10mm. thats the way l was taught in the 80's when l was an apprentice with the lecy board. Notice that a lot of modern practice does not take the outer sheath back.

That is odd

I still think you need to try the cable directly into the copper .....................................

I used one of these earlier this week .............. 1 pair of 25's and 1 pair of 16's - easy peasy

This isn't some kind of ebay "copy" you've bought is it?

did you try the cable and the copper before you tried in the housing? The knockouts tend to allow the 16mm ones to go easily, whilst the 25mm need a bit more aggression...
Yep l did. The only way to get the copper in was to remove a couple of strands, and l wasn't going to do that. When l got hold of some single blocks they was no issue with the size. The blocks were bought from toolstation

IMG_4790.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannot be used under AMD3 in same situations as plastic consumer units

DNO can use them as they are not covered by AMD3 7671 etc

mone are always pre fitted by DNO 😂🤔

I disagree. How is an isolator a "similar switchgear assembly" to a domestic distribution board?

Cannot be used under AMD3 in same situations as plastic consumer units

DNO can use them as they are not covered by AMD3 7671 etc

mone are always pre fitted by DNO 😂🤔

I disagree. How is an isolator a "similar switchgear assembly" to a domestic distribution board?