Hi everyone!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadir

Reaction score
My name is Kadir and I moved to the UK a week ago. I came across to this website while doing research about certifications. I'm actually an Electrical engineer and did my NARIC assessment, but every job advert I look at is asking for 18th Edition thing and now I'm trying to understand what it is and how to get it haha. anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

18th edition is the current regulations .    Are you a design engineer  , consultant engineer  or a working electrician with a tool kit and a van. ?  

What does NARIC  mean by the way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical and Electronics Engineer, but I also worked as electrician before getting my degree (but I don't have a qualification/certificate for electrician work). My problem is, all electrical maintenance engineering positions requiring 18th edition and some additional city&guild certifications (like electrical installation, electrical inspection etc.). My understanding is I can't get city&guild certificates without 18th edition, so I must complete that first but I couldn't find out where to apply, which course to take, and how to sit the exam.