how long to chase in a socket?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had a thought, either way if they dont have 2 power circuits im gonna need to put a temp supply in for a tranny or 230v sds.

thats just noisy and smelly! most of the places in brighton are flats so i wouldnt have anywhere to put it to vent exhaust gases.

thats just noisy and smelly! most of the places in brighton are flats so i wouldnt have anywhere to put it to vent exhaust gases.
i dont have a problem with any of that... my genny is vented directly outside, so no problem with where to keep it...

how is it vented? just some sort of flexi pipe out the window?
steel exhaust pipe attached to genny, through hole it floor. there is also a fan in its case which blows the hot air straight to outside. and then there is a 230v socket on the towbar to plug into

ah i was thinking you meant a little portable genny, not a big ass tow along jobbie!

ah i was thinking you meant a little portable genny, not a big ass tow along jobbie!
its not a towable genny, its a 2.2kva petrol. it lives in the van, but i have added a 230v outlet on the side of the towbar so i dont need to jam an extension in the door!

Remember many years ago when I was an apprentice told to chase out sockets on a couple of differen jobs took ages,

first was the walls were made of engineering bricks (T*** off a job) and the second was sandstone walls

I have used them, like andy has said the square cut is a little poo to say the least.The rotary cutter works great even on accy nori bricks.
I found unless you had the drill perfectly level and square (very easy with a heavy drill hey :p ) the box would turn slightly and get a slightly off square hole that would need "trimming" some more.

I haven't used it for a bit. A 4.5" angle grinder with good disc (or even diamond) is useful for just sockets. Far easier than a chaser (although its easier to use the chaser if you already have it out to chase cable runs).

Ian.

watch out for cinder block . as its a real *
And you get covered in the black stuff*, use SDS and it goes everyware

* but not this blackstuff Guiness Drink

Getting back to the original question have you got to make good around sockets because if you have that could bump the price up a bit.

Batty