How Many Points on Your Licence?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 in total over 10 plus years of driving, all gone at the moment...

Plus I had to go on a "Speed Awareness Seminar" in Lincoln when I got caught a couple of years ago by a policeman with a handheld camera, but thus avoided the points. It was actually very good and made me think very hard about speeding, so now I rarely drive excessively fast.

I still tend to think that hesitancy, stupidity, and poor driving skills are responsible for more accidents than speed alone, and don't get me started about people who drive inappropriately and excessively slowly!

X(

6 in total over 10 plus years of driving, all gone at the moment...Plus I had to go on a "Speed Awareness Seminar" in Lincoln when I got caught a couple of years ago by a policeman with a handheld camera, but thus avoided the points. It was actually very good and made me think very hard about speeding, so now I rarely drive excessively fast.

I still tend to think that hesitancy, stupidity, and poor driving skills are responsible for more accidents than speed alone, and don't get me started about people who drive inappropriately and excessively slowly!

X(
People who drive slowly never have accidents but cause thousands.

Yeah I still have 3 on my licence that have expired. I'm not paying to get them off, its a farce. Just wait till I change address and hopefully they'll do it all in one go.

X(
only something like 6% of accidents are caused by excessive speed. note: excessive speed can be much lower than the speed limit. ill have a look later and find the page with this info

Are we asking here....(i) ACTIVE points?

or just

(ii) OLD DEAD points, that you are just to tight wad to bother to pay to get removed?

if (ii) then... it may be confession time..

Forgive me father cuz I have sinnedPray

or is it .... Mother Mary? :| :(Pray

I shall do both just in case...

Forgive me father Mary cuz Mother sin looks like DEKE or Sandra......BlushingO):pPrayPray

opps...

Anyway;

'Dead un' going way back to 29 Mar 1983 3Pts....

Doppelgangers!! Depends on if , like me, you have a creased, green, limp bit of paper that passes for a licence. :D
I still have an old style licence. Won't pay to change it & don't have to pay again to renew it every 10 years.

I still have an old style licence. Won't pay to change it & don't have to pay again to renew it every 10 years.
Mine got increasingly illegible and sellotaped, and one copper got quite angry that I had one in such a state. But I was determined not to pay for a photocard, so I waited until I moved house.

Change of address = free license!

:D

Mine got increasingly illegible and sellotaped, and one copper got quite angry that I had one in such a state. But I was determined not to pay for a photocard, so I waited until I moved house.Change of address = free license!

:D
now thats a good idea....

instead of paying every 10 years to get licence updated, change address to parents or someone else, then 'move' back home a week later and get another licence. get your moneys worth out of DVLA.

now thats a good idea.... instead of paying every 10 years to get licence updated, change address to parents or someone else, then 'move' back home a week later and get another licence. get your moneys worth out of DVLA.
Hehe yep my thoughts exactly!

:)

I have held a full licence since 1979 and have never had any points on it.

Looking at the votes it would appear that us electricians have far fewer points on our licences than other trades, so we should be able to negotiate a better premium.

Not had any points in the last 20 years. Although I have a narrow escape each time I hop on the bike!
u must pedal realy fast