I know Megger Mark has been praised before

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he deserves another mention.

Absolutely stellar on the phone earlier today - as he always is :)

Got an absolute corker of a deal from him, with some VERY helpful "side benefits".

Thanks mate - please reply to this post, so I can "scoob" you.

(If you were "Megger Mary", I`d snog you - as it is, I`ve instructed Mrs. KME to "see you right" when we finally meet ;) :slap )

KME :x

As I have said in earlier posts, Megger Mark is one of the most active forum sponsors, and will always do his best to give forumites a very good deal, and so far he has kept to his promises.

Thank you all for the nice comments, scoobs always welcome of course but it is nice to help also.

Special note to Apache, Pendant sorted.

Just to add the same really

very helpful and did a great deal for me also

cheers

AC/DC clamp meter (with V and cont. func.) ; and irradience meter ;)

What I`m going to do is make up a pair of [modified] MC4 connectors, which don`t latch shut, onto shrouded bananas.

I`ve spent the last 3 days explaining to the "helper" (who fills out the PV ser. no. table, and used to do ONE panel voltage check, why it was important to check `em all........

How many did he test today? When I came out of the loft, all panels are on the roof, half of `em fixed, and the meter was still in the case!!!!!

3 days in a row, >70 miles from home, 4KW system, and the earliest the muppet can get us on site is 10.30, FCOL!!!!!

Roll on next week - "MY" team goes out, on our own (I hope). Things`ll be a bit different

I KNEW thats the lead you were making. :D

why doesnt he test the voltage on the ground even?

I keep intending to make up a box of some sort with MC3 and 4 inputs to a rotary that toggles between output to bananas (for my meter) and dead short for clamping.

I suppose if I really wanted I could inbuild a voltage LCD and an Amp one as well,

mmm, got me thinking now,

Deke, get yer coat, Dragons Den here we come. :D

AC/DC clamp meter (with V and cont. func.) ; and irradience meter ;) What I`m going to do is make up a pair of [modified] MC4 connectors, which don`t latch shut, onto shrouded bananas.

I`ve spent the last 3 days explaining to the "helper" (who fills out the PV ser. no. table, and used to do ONE panel voltage check, why it was important to check `em all........

How many did he test today? When I came out of the loft, all panels are on the roof, half of `em fixed, and the meter was still in the case!!!!!

3 days in a row, >70 miles from home, 4KW system, and the earliest the muppet can get us on site is 10.30, FCOL!!!!!

Roll on next week - "MY" team goes out, on our own (I hope). Things`ll be a bit different
Glad to here you got some work to get your teeth into Martyn..

even if some muppets are involved...

Better news than when you were megga quiet M8! :Salute :x

I'm a new member to the forum but I have been looking at the forum's reviews and

experiences with MFT's and after trying a few meters first hand I finally bought a replacement for my Kewtech KT64.

I used the meter for a periodic inspection today and have to say I am very happy with it so far, having never owned a Fluke MFT before I'm impressed with quality of the whole package and the hardy carry case doubles as a great tool box for screwdrivers, pliers, adapters etc.

As recommend I contacted Megger Mark, and was given clear information about the equipmet I was interested in and a very competive price. Everything arrived as expected the next day!

:)

Thanks for the valuable reviews and opinions and the thank you to Mark for such good service.

Hi Steptoe,

I bought a Fluke 1654B and a 411D which is also a great tool, saves stacks of time when measuring up!

If anyone has any questions about the meter I'd be happy to answer them. The readings are very consistent between high and low current loop tests even on retests.

liking the measuring kit.

any chance you could have a go at measuring a roof with it from the ground, gutter to ridge, if you get what I mean,

and letting us know how accurate you can reasonably get a reading.

could be a very good tool for doing solar with. :)

thanks.