I-Pad(Retrive deleted data)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

Reaction score
Bit of problem I did a cert on the I-pad and I've somehow deleted it by mistake is there any way I can get it back?

Other than that I'll have to go and retest the job.

I don't think i did asked gaffer at work if he had recieved it and he said no so i'm stuffed then.

I've got to look on the bright side it was only a c/u change last week so only one cert,

if it had been this PIR i'm carrying out at the moment i would be f****d i'm upto board 35 so far and another 20 to go and i get the app to fill in the paper certs aswell just in case.

Good idea though Steps,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like this I-pad needs one of Mr Gates Recycle Bins? Sorry to hear of you problem Bacon. The only word of guidance for the future I can say is, keep a few hand written notes on an A4 pad until you are sure your electronic data is backed up in two additional locations. This is in essence the same problem as any computing device failing due to parts malfunction or human error. The more we rely solely on electronics the greater the fall when the failure comes. Hopefully the remedy in this case will not be too costly, but 10mins worth of note taking on a bit of A4 would have been cheaper still.

Doc H.

Yes a lesson learned and won't be forgotten in a hurry i hope.

There is a phrase something like, "the person who never made a mistake, never learned anything", or very similar. We all learn from our mistakes, that is how we progress and improve to become more efficient. As you say, its just another learning step you have gone through Bacon.

Doc H.

hang fire,

how does the ipad save stuff? canoe?

mem cards or HDD, or is it an inbuilt solid state device?

could it possibly be fired up using a USB to a LINUX PC?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:27 ----------

do Ipads have a CD drive? or are they locked down to only Apple stuff anyway?

Steps, the Ipad is same as Iphone and Ipod, no external storage or even removable internal. It's all solid state flash built into main board, Now if it was an android tablet, chances are the data would have been saved on an SD card and recovery would have been very possible...

Just another reason I love Ish!t < android.

If you had sent it via e-mail, even if you boss hasn't received it as yet, there would be a copy in your e-mail "Sent" folder. (If you have it set to save copies sent, that is).

Just been having a look at the settings on it and it appears that i-cloud did a back up on the 29th November so i'll ask him how to get access to it and hopefully it will be there.

I've had a look at what has been backed up and on the i-pad i can see easycert has been backed up so it may be in there i hope.

Steps, the Ipad is same as Iphone and Ipod, no external storage or even removable internal. It's all solid state flash built into main board, Now if it was an android tablet, chances are the data would have been saved on an SD card and recovery would have been very possible...Just another reason I love Ish!t < android.
I bet Canoeboi won't add a like to this post ROTFWL