I Was Looking For A New Tester....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thats my kinda tester ...wind up and analogue ......jeez its older than me 

That one @ £79  they show ... I threw the exact one away 20 years ago when I entered the digital age .  

I've put that on my watch list to see what it sells for. Probably not much.

I have an old Air Ministry brown bakerlite case wind up megger. I keep it because I like old stuff. I would sell it if it were worth much but I doubt it is.

Old or not, I bet is still does it's job. I wonder how many modern tester will still be working when they reach that age?

Wind up meggers were standard kit when I was an apprentice.  Flippin eck, I'm feeling old. Just to add to that, the optician told me today I now need distance glasses as well as reading glasses. Downward slippery slope now. How will I be able to keep track of two pairs of glasses?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes it that little bit funnier, the tester is located in Holmfirth - that's where they film 'Last of the Summer Wine' :D

My dad's best mate was the police man in lotsw :slap

I was surprised at the prices of these things and also how common they are, I know some really old ones go for big money but surely stuff from the 40's in that condition should fetch more? Maybe they need to be made trendy somehow?

Latest posts