Idiots who can't drive!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not been to that, many places around the world, starting to travel again now.

I've driven across Europe a bit, and that wasn't too bad.

I know that some of the companies I've worked for wouldn't let their guys drive in some of the countries we worked.

One guy I worked with spent a long stint in China, for Motorola (before he worked for us), and they had a couple of cars on call 24hrs for them!

One company we were supposed to stay in global chain hotels, and use their taxis in the hope that they would be "ok"?...

Does not matter what sort of road, roundabout, whatever you are on, you always use the most left hand lane you can, UNLESS you are overtaking OR road signs indicate otherwise [which GENERALLY but often not, includes turning right..

john..

life doesn't work like that. Left hand lane often disappears off into slip road, and I tend to drive with the faster traffic. I like to try and balance speed with the least hassle, ie if driving at 75 mph means I can avoid being stuck in lane with lorries and able to see the road ahead , but not getting hassled by Audi and BMW drivers in fast lane, then that's where I prefer to be. Trouble with 4 lanes is effectively having 2 middle lanes, and therefore twice as many lane hoggers, plus idiots who shoot across multiple lanes last minute to turn off, so you need to keep an eye on 25% more vehicles..... 

Left hand lane often disappears off into slip road

Then it is no longer the inside lane, it is the slip road. Use it if you are turning off, don't if you aren't.

I like to try and balance speed with the least hassle, ie if driving at 75 mph means I can avoid being stuck in lane with lorries and able to see the road ahead , but not getting hassled by Audi and BMW drivers in fast lane, then that's where I prefer to be.

Me too, but the speed I drive at does not dictate what lane I am in. If I am going faster than the traffic in front I move over to the right, and then move back to the left if the lanes are clear. How many cars are in the fast lane and my speed is irrelevant. I could be in lane 4 doing 65 or lane 1 doing 95.

Maybe you should look at some driving lessons if you aren't sure about motorway driving.

life doesn't work like that. Left hand lane often disappears off into slip road,

Even on some old three-land motorways, they sometimes become two lane where the left hand lane then becomes a slip road. However you normally get a couple of miles warning, giving plenty of time to move over from the old three-lane inside lane to the new two-lane inside lane.

I could be in lane 4 doing 65 or lane 1 doing 95.

Maybe you should look at some driving lessons if you aren't sure about motorway driving.

Maybe you could book some driving lessons as well, if you think 95 is acceptable in any lane?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts