IET Warns Electricians could be working to outdated regulations.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) reports that as many as 76% of Electricians in the UK could be operating without a copy of the IET Wiring Regulations, 17th Edition, BS7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment No.1.2011.

News is that 66,000 copies have been sold which means there could still be 211,000 Electricians who don't have a copy, although many organisations are likely to have a shared copy, it is likely that there are still a huge number out there working to obsolete regulations.

Sounds like they got a lot of copies for sale, maybe half price soon for those that don't have it. :^O

tell us something we dont know,

Ive worked with 'sparks' all my life that have never ever owned a copy, they even borrowed a book for their 17th.

anyway,

who needs a copy when you can simply ask on the internet.?..........

Thats what I thought Steve, they took the trouble to work it out.

Wonder if it will finally sink in that the workforce can't go on shelling out every 6 months to support them when it can't support itself . I don't have a Green book nor the attendant OSG TBH , I'm still on the Red.

I havn't renewed my ECS card .

I havn't the H&S

Last edited by a moderator:
quick google shows there are approx 35 million people working in the UK.

now if (acording to IET) 2,77,000 are electricians, then that means 1 in 126 is an electrician. anyone else think that number seems a little high, and that IET are just desperate for people to buy their new book?

actually there was some professor from the outer quadrant on the wireless the other day and he reckoned that it wasnt possible for the borg to travel at such a speed and it was all a false entity, that others could actually travel much faster and the borg had barely managed warp3,

now, this is all hearsay, but why would the man say such things if they were false?

is the borg trying to trick us?

??????

actually there was some professor from the outer quadrant on the wireless the other day and he reckoned that it wasnt possible for the borg to travel at such a speed and it was all a false entity, that others could actually travel much faster and the borg had barely managed warp3,now, this is all hearsay, but why would the man say such things if they were false?

is the borg trying to trick us?

??????
I never had you pegged as a 'Trekkie' Steps.... :p

Sorry what is this book you are talking about?
Electronics%20For%20Dummies%20Picture%20Large.jpg

Anyone want to buy my little A5 Brown one !!!!!! think it say's 12th do I need to update :innocent :innocent
they go round in circles. the brown one will be back in fashion in a few years time. so might aswell keep hold of it

Steve 3948, if you picked this article up from this months ECN ( Electrical Contracting News) there is a much more interesting article in the lower half of Page 12 . You really ought to look into it, there are a couple of very interesting points in it that all of us should embrace . :innocent

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:12 ----------

img365.jpg

Is it time to dump these now then ?

Anyone want to buy my little A5 Brown one !!!!!! think it say's 12th do I need to update :innocent :innocent
I'll take a 12th off your hands Steve if you don't want it! ;)

It will go with my collection, in fact, anyone who has any old copies of regs, OSG's or GN's that I don't currently have I will be interested in purchasing them from you, and will include a forum donation for you to make.

Steve 3948, if you picked this article up from this months ECN ( Electrical Contracting News) there is a much more interesting article in the lower half of Page 12 . You really ought to look into it, there are a couple of very interesting points in it that all of us should embrace . :innocent ---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:12 ----------

img365.jpg

Is it time to dump these now then ?
Haha I missed them the first time I read it, she must have been cold in that studio, but I take your POINT ;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:00 ----------

The 12th !!!!! Not even I worked to the 12th .I'm fairly sure I threw what was left of my 13th away TBH.
Hmmmm, maybe I got that wrong then, looks like my first was the 14th, I know it was A5 and brown.

1882 1st edition of the

Yes 14th was indeed Brown and A5 size . A guy that worked with us used to carry it in his back pocket and produce it at the drop of a hat . We called him the Gunfighter.

Last edited by a moderator: