IKEA Pendant Light Fitting - Earth Wire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross-g

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just looking for a bit of advice.

I’ve got one of those IKEA Pendant Light fittings (Vindkast) and was wondering how best to deal with the unused Earth wire.

I’ve attached a couple of photos to show how it currently looks and as I’m in no way experienced at all, I’m a bit hesitant to seal it off before I know it’s a safe set-up.

Hopefully you can see from the photos that there is a bit of exposed copper wire at the top and bottom of the green & yellow sleeve. Does this present a risk at all and if so, what can I do to prevent the Earth wire from touching the other wires when the fitting is closed up?

Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated and help put my mind at rest a bit!

Thanks,
Ross

Attachments

• 1450A15A-F779-4100-BF01-DE4943AB4E8A.jpeg
    1450A15A-F779-4100-BF01-DE4943AB4E8A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 35D0C1CA-F5E7-448C-8A3F-AA0BF5F0EC19.jpeg
    35D0C1CA-F5E7-448C-8A3F-AA0BF5F0EC19.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
another wonderful Ikea light fitting :D .

As long as there's no exposed copper on the live or neutral, then you have little option but shove it back up into the ceiling, the fitting clearly doesn;t need an earth, so there's little to worry about other than what winker designs this stuff for the UK market 😡