Installing consumer units into campervan.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Cain

Reaction score
I have bought 2 CPN Cudis consumer unit, a 4 way and an 8 way unit, which both came with a 100a isolation switch, I have also bought Cudis DP RCBOs 16a, type A, curve C, these are the 2 way type with no fly leads. I want to install these into my campervan.

I'm unsure which terminal are live and neutral on the isolation switch. I'm hoping that they are the same orientation as the RCBOs. If so am correct that I can connect the isolation switch and the RCBOs together with a DP busbar which I believe connects them from the bottom and loads going from the top of the RCBOs. I have attached pictures of the items.

The 2 way is for eletrical hook, mains coming into the van which will then connect to a Victron Multiplus 2 inverter/charger. Them from the Multiplus2 connecting ti the 8 way which will feed 3 Circuits to the van.

Attachments

• 20231106_002458.jpg
    20231106_002458.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20231106_002514.jpg
    20231106_002514.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231117_015517_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_015517_Word.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 0
Terminal 1 is normally the live supply and 3 neutral. It is important the orientation of the busbar puts live to the correct terminal of the RCDs.

Terminal 1 is normally the live supply and 3 neutral. It is important the orientation of the busbar puts live to the correct terminal of the RCDs.
Then if terminal 1 is live, then that busbar will not work as the isolation switch is not the same orientation as the RCBOs.

So what is the beat way to go about wiring this unit.

your busbar will determine the correct terminals at the main switch, just test for continuity with the busbar fitted at the main switch. The main switch is not polarity conscious, ie it makes no difference to the switch.

your busbar will determine the correct terminals at the main switch, just test for continuity with the busbar fitted at the main switch. The main switch is not polarity conscious, ie it makes no difference to the switch.
Thank you Binky, that's all I needed to know. So I can wire isolation switch up, to same orientation making a neater install as able to use the DP busbar.