Insulation Resistance Testing with Fluke MFT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjo

Reaction score
I have experienced a problem with Insulation Resistance testing on a few occasions while using my Fluke MFT 1651B. The problem is the meter giving me a reading of 0.00 Mohms on L-E and N-E testing, so tried another tester and readings come back correct. Has anyone else had this? Maybe it's a software issue? Can't find anything in the manual though.

yes we have 3 1652bs and all do this occasionaly usualy cold mornings??? checked our firmwares upto date and it is, bahhh i like my wind up megger

I get it also. My recently repaired Fluke 1652 has now stopped working on Z testing. We now have about 15 testers with none of them working 100% except the old single test units. These old units never went wrong, but the new multi types which are supposed to be fool proof pack their bags if you look at them wrong.

shame my old analogue robin loop tester trips rcds, 25 years old apparently, older than me...

Latest posts