Inverter EPS output protection ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My inverter has a 13 Amp EPS output.

I intend to cable this via a 16 Amp disconnector to a 2 gang socket outlet using 2.5mm2 T&E, to power a fridge-freezer, and a freezer.

Spec for the fridge-freezer is 0.77 Amp, and for the freezer 0.4 Amp, with 1.4 Amps on defrost.

Should I just rely on the fuses in each plug, or do I also need something like a 16 Amp Type A 2-pole MCB/RCD ?

Have you looked what the inverter instructions advise.?
I would have expected adequate protection to be inbuilt but I'm no expert on these items.

There's an overall wiring diagram that shows a single gang disconnector on the EPS output (I have a double pole)

And a double pole RCD in the "Distribution Box" (CU) with a "QF rated to AS3000"

Which appears to be an obsolete Australian ? spec.

There's an overall wiring diagram that shows a single gang disconnector on the EPS output (I have a double pole)

And a double pole RCD in the "Distribution Box" (CU) with a "QF rated to AS3000"

Which appears to be an obsolete Australian ? spec.
For some strange reason there's a lot of Aussie solar information on the internet.

In short it's a bit of a grey area, and I'm not sure what the real answer is as it varies by inverter manufacturer and your home earthing system. So we need the inverter spec/ manual, and we need to know what the earthing system is for your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts