Is 4mm cabling sufficient if I increase my battery storage?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 36129

Reaction score
Hi,
So I'm about to get a 7.4kwp system of 20 panels with a solis 5kw inverter and pylon us5000 4.8kwh battery. I read somewhere that if I want to increase my batteries I'd need 10mm cabling, is that true or will the 4mm cabling be sufficient?

Many thanks in advance for and advice šŸ˜Š

Hi,
So I'm about to get a 7.4kwp system of 20 panels with a solis 5kw inverter and pylon us5000 4.8kwh battery. I read somewhere that if I want to increase my batteries I'd need 10mm cabling, is that true or will the 4mm cabling be sufficient?

Many thanks in advance for and advice šŸ˜Š
It's roughly 4 amps per kw, so a 5 kw inverter is 20 amps and 4 mm cable is good for 32amps. Personally I would prefer to see 6mm, because of the regular and potential long duration of the loads.

It's roughly 4 amps per kw, so a 5 kw inverter is 20 amps and 4 mm cable is good for 32amps. Personally I would prefer to see 6mm, because of the regular and potential long duration of the loads.
Thanks Binky. So in essence I could add extra batteries as it's the size of the inverter that's the constraint?

Latest posts