Is it worth moving to Octopus Intelligent Go or another tariff?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been on Go now for just over a week. Mind getting frustrated with the Solax X1-Hybrid-G4-5.0 as well as the eddi.

Not every night do the batteries charge during off-peak, adjusted the setting without success. Now spotted elsewhere that Charge/Discahrge1 and 2 have to set the same, so will now try this tonight.

The eddi also does not retain the schedules each night to charge the immersion heater, even though I have set them for every day.

Pulling hair out time. Help required please.
I cant comment on your battery charging, I have no experience of Solax inverters, I would assume like all the others you simply set a schedule - charge from 00:30 to 04:30 daily.
EDDI again is a straight forward setup with one slight exception. With EDDI you set the start time and the duration (not the end time). So, 00:30 and 4:00 set it for every day and that should be it. I assume you're setting it from the APP, could you post a screenshot of your schedule?

I cant comment on your battery charging, I have no experience of Solax inverters, I would assume like all the others you simply set a schedule - charge from 00:30 to 04:30 daily.
EDDI again is a straight forward setup with one slight exception. With EDDI you set the start time and the duration (not the end time). So, 00:30 and 4:00 set it for every day and that should be it. I assume you're setting it from the APP, could you post a screenshot of your schedule?
Tried the app and the PC to set it up. The app start time, select every day and duration, save and wait for app to process.

Also, triad via the web, start and end time but online also shows duration in minutes, max 360.eddi schedule.JPG

I would have thought the boost slider needs to be at zero.

Im not familiar with the app / program youve screenshot, it looks very different to mine.
It is the 'Dont start boosting' that is confusing, I would have thought setting it start 0, would have resulted in 30 mins of full price electric, but could well be wrong.

I have now attached screenshot of the settings from the app. Hopefully it looks the same as yours, John? If so, I will delete all settings from the web, reset the app again, and fingers crossed.

Attachments

• app eddi.jpg
    app eddi.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 0
It is the 'Dont start boosting' that is confusing, I would have thought setting it start 0, would have resulted in 30 mins of full price electric, but could well be wrong.

I have now attached screenshot of the settings from the app. Hopefully it looks the same as yours, John? If so, I will delete all settings from the web, reset the app again, and fingers crossed.
Yes, thats the app the same as mine.

You start the immersion heater at 00:30 and then run for four and a half hours, should that not be 4 hrs for Octopus GO (00:30 to 04:30) ? Any reason why you heat it again at 06:00 for 1 hour?

J

Yes, thats the app the same as mine.

You start the immersion heater at 00:30 and then run for four and a half hours, should that not be 4 hrs for Octopus GO (00:30 to 04:30) ? Any reason why you heat it again at 06:00 for 1 hour?

J
Extra heat as early starters and others later. Mind may change this based on experience.

Good news is that everything is now working, having settings competed on both the app and PC seemed to be the problem with the eddi. The batteries not charging during off-peak issue, as I needed to set the battery discharge time outside the off-peak time.

Thanks again.

Extra heat as early starters and others later. Mind may change this based on experience.

Good news is that everything is now working, having settings competed on both the app and PC seemed to be the problem with the eddi. The batteries not charging during off-peak issue, as I needed to set the battery discharge time outside the off-peak time.

Thanks again.
Good news, glad you got sorted.