Is there still a VET on this forum?......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure this is the website for his Veterinary Practice..?
https://bainbridgevets.co.uk/

You could try message him directly..?
https://bainbridgevets.co.uk/contact/

or via their BookFace page..?
https://www.facebook.com/bainbridgevets/

If you go to the meet the staff page...
Apache is the one who isn't female!

from his biog' it states...
"Outside of work he enjoys shooting (clays, vermin and game), walking his little Patterdale and making things out of wood. He has a serious tool addiction and claims to need a bigger shed! He has a pretty mean whisky collection."

If I recall correctly one reason he joined the forum originally was because he was doing the electrics in his shed!!

No I don't do FB dut since you are here, here is the cat question.

Our cat is female, unknown age, but >10 years, we have had her 10 years and she was no kitten when we got her. In generally good health, she's almost semi feral spends a lot of time outside, good mouser etc.

Out of the blue last week SWMBO says "come and look at the cat" She was lying on the floor, head up and alert, but she could not move her back legs, one was sticking up at a funny angle. Her eyes were wide open, I interpreted that as surprise / fear at what the hell was going on. I stroked her and comforted her and she respinded and was purring seeming comforted by a familliar person attending to her.

This only lasted a couple of minutes then she regained control of her back legs and managed to get up and walk, a bit wobbly at first. she is now completely recovered behaving as if nothing happened, running about chasing birds etc as normal.

All i have been able to come up with googling is a "spinal stroke" but that talked about days / weeks to recover and needing physiotherapy.

any ideas?

Usually, heart disease leads to clot formation. That then moves and temporarily (or permanently) blocks the blood supply to the back legs.

Sadly you may get one or two warnings (like this) but then it can get to a point where the blood supply remains blocked and realistically the kindest thing is to have the beastie put to sleep at that point.

Aortic thrombus/thromboembalism if you want some sad googling.

Sorry not great news

Thanks. Yes we suspect she may not be long for this world. But still not convinced that was it, again it talks about days to recover with medication. She was up and about again in a few minutes with no intervention.

Usually, heart disease leads to clot formation. That then moves and temporarily (or permanently) blocks the blood supply to the back legs.

Sadly you may get one or two warnings (like this) but then it can get to a point where the blood supply remains blocked and realistically the kindest thing is to have the beastie put to sleep at that point.

Aortic thrombus/thromboembalism if you want some sad googling.

Sorry not great news
any sort of blood thinners / statins for cats or dogs?