Job for a friend

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denmans sell em....I think.

Beware when using them however! Some makes of chrome/brass etc face plates are over-sized, so you won't be able to fit them with those joiners. A good tip though is to use two brass bushes and a metal coupler, that way it doesn't matter what accessories get put on ;)

Went back Tuesday, but still only had the smaller multiple back box configurations. So i took a couple of snaps of what they had, to give you an idea of what i was talking about. The others that they do is 3 doubles with a single, and one with a single at each end, 4 and 5 singles, 2 doubles with a single at each end, etc etc....

I also noticed that they had those same box connectors that Slip sent photo's of, but i didn't ask for the price. I will next time i'm in there...

STA60977.jpg

STA60978.jpg

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Been on a short trip to Dubai for a meeting with a new Project Manager that i haven't worked with before, who's just completing a Project there, along with some others members of the project team.

But before that, i had been doing some other odds and sods for my friend. Like installing the lights and fans that i mentioned in the CU pictures i installed. Also knocked up a work bench for him, out of some old timber he had. Then wired up some sockets for the bench, in some angled trunking that was left over from providing his parents apartment kitchen with some much needed sockets.(only previously had an outlet on cooker unit and a double outlet)

Anyway, as i took my camera in last Tuesday i took a few Photo's of both the kitchen and his storage area, that he uses for his business. It's basically a large open veranda that he intends to close in at some point in time.

STA60966.jpg

STA60967.jpg

STA60968.jpg

The above is obviously his parent kitchen. The trunking is by Marshall's...

STA60969.jpg

STA60975.jpg

The work bench can be totally pulled out, as the sockets and Fan controllers are fixed to the wall. The heavy plastic draw cabinet is also fixed to the workbench. Just needs a platform/base on the bottom and it'll be finished... haha!!

STA60976.jpg

STA60973.jpg

There are 3 such bays on the veranda, i'm only showing one, with the typical layout of all three....

Most of the wiring for the Lighting was already installed (about 5 years ago) but never used/connected. He wanted 3 fans in the center positions for summer. So the center positions had to be rewired and the lighting links removed....

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Been on a short trip to Dubai for a meeting with a new Project Manager that i haven't worked with before, who's just completing a Project there, along with some others members of the project team.

But before that, i had been doing some other odds and sods for my friend. Like installing the lights and fans that i mentioned in the CU pictures i installed. Also knocked up a work bench for him, out of some old timber he had. Then wired up some sockets for the bench, in some angled trunking that was left over from providing his parents apartment kitchen with some much needed sockets.(only previously had an outlet on cooker unit and a double outlet)

Anyway, as i took my camera in last Tuesday i took a few Photo's of both the kitchen and his storage area, that he uses for his business. It's basically a large open veranda that he intends to close in at some point in time.

STA60966.jpg

STA60967.jpg

STA60968.jpg

The above is obviously his parent kitchen. The trunking is by Marshall's...

STA60969.jpg

STA60975.jpg

The work bench can be totally pulled out, as the sockets and Fan controllers are fixed to the wall. The heavy plastic draw cabinet is also fixed to the workbench. Just needs a platform/base on the bottom and it'll be finished... haha!!

STA60976.jpg

STA60973.jpg

There are 3 such bays on the veranda, i'm only showing one, with the typical layout of all three....

Most of the wiring for the Lighting was already installed (about 5 years ago) but never used/connected. He wanted 3 fans in the center positions for summer. So the center positions had to be rewired and the lighting links removed....

Here are the other 2 bays of the veranda

STA60972.jpg

STA60971.jpg

STA60974.jpg

So ....are those Back box configurations available in the UK too, or not ??

Yes they are available and have been for awhile.

Again, they're ok as long as you use standard size face plates. People get caught out when they have them installed with regular white accessories, but then buy a load of rope edge brass etc. They don't all fit. Real embarrassing if you install them and then the customer presents you with some nice over sized chrome accessories lol

I only had a problem with a couple of makes of brass rope edge a few times, that were oversize. With everything being cut back to the minimum now hopefully that problem wont occur again.

I don't like accessories touching anyhow, i rarely use duel purpose boxes and if i have a row of accessories i use a coupler and bush to space them

I only had a problem with a couple of makes of brass rope edge a few times, that were oversize. With everything being cut back to the minimum now hopefully that problem wont occur again. I don't like accessories touching anyhow, i rarely use duel purpose boxes and if i have a row of accessories i use a coupler and bush to space them
Great minds think alike ;)

GET is the main manufacturer that make over sized face plates. I've heard it said that they do it on purpose. They claim that when you remove a plastic switch there is a raised paint line around it. Over sized plates cover this with no extra work.

Latest posts