LED Bulkhead with mircowave sensor and Emergency Light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrics_new

Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick question - I purchased an all in one unit.  LED bulkhead which has a mircorwave sensor and emergency light built it, purchased from my local electrical wholesaler.  I thought it would same time wiring circuits for escape routes in a block of flats.

Device has the following terminals:

Perm L

Sw     L

Earth

Netutral

From the fuse board I was going to wire in a EL keyswitch Perm L and Neutral - from the key switch to the light.  That's the EL bit covered for installation and testing the EL via the keyswitch.

However, bit baffled as to the switch live........... wired it all up and it seems switch powers up the microwave sensor and so when SL is on MW sensor kicks in.................NICE.

Is there a way of using either the SL or MW sensor independently ?????

Anyone had any experience with these ???

Any advice would be great........

thanks

I fitted something similar and had already wired a permanent live, neutral, earth & switched live via a keyswitch. I couldn't work out what they were expecting me to wire to the unit as it didn't seem to make any sense no matter which way round I wired anything so I just rewired the fitting to suit. Permanent live to the sensor and keyswitch live to the emergency module.