legrand tenby

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
I have to fit a rcbo in a Legrand tenby range consumer unit, only the local wholesalers don't carry them in stock. Anyone got an ideas where I can get one. Or failing that any other make that will fit that board. It looks identical to the contactum range

Im fitting legrand boards to a property at the moment bacause they are small enough for my purposes. Wylex r.c.b.o's fit perfectly in these boards - hope this helps

certainly does, seems Legrand parts round here are as rare as ......

certainly does, seems Legrand parts round here are as rare as ......
how did you get on with it mate, which rcbo did you use.

i am going to need a tenby rcbo soon

Electrifix sell single module ones or mk ones will fit.
thanks for that mate, i will order from electofix.

its for a cooker, would i be better off just droping some conduit down the stud work,

however i have no metal conduit tools

however i have no metal conduit tools
If you have no galv conduit tools then you can;t do a proper installation with galv tube, unless the runs happen to be exactly handy multiples of 3.4m with only right angle bends. and perfectly straight drops and runs.

it would be straight run down to the back box, then straight down again to below the worktop. its connecting it to the backbox i were the trouble is

it would be straight run down to the back box, then straight down again to below the worktop. its connecting it to the backbox i were the trouble is
Exactly. If the outlet is exactly 3.4m below the switch it would be fine. Not very likely unless the ceilings are quite high or they don;t mind the cooker switch on the wall in the bedroom.

Length of tube is threaded both ends so yo could get one length and just use to ends that way it would be earthed through box.

Length of tube is threaded both ends so yo could get one length and just use to ends that way it would be earthed through box.
But you can;t just hack the end of the tube off and poke the 6mm out of the end of the tube.

its a bunglow, i will prob just stick with rcbo

But you can;t just hack the end of the tube off and poke the 6mm out of the end of the tube.
would have to thread it and put a bend on, then would it be ok?

(would mean getting tools)

would have to thread it and put a bend on, then would it be ok?(would mean getting tools)
Yes. If you have the tools then galv tube is fine. Have you priced up the tools yet though? The bender is the costly part, nice if you like tools. ;)

Not easy if you have no conduit tools.
Exactly.