LG Optimus One Bluetooth headset

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK got peed off with it today. I found an older Nokia handset and stuck the T mobile sim out of the LG in it. Went to car, paired and connected in a matter of seconds. I was asked by the phone 'Auto connect every time?' which I selected. It works perfectly, gives a reassuring beep when you turn the Parrot off/on AND it works with voice commands!

Sounds to me like the smartphone isnt too smart. As to your above suggestions I have tried asking the parrot to connect with the LG, asking the LG to connect with the parrot. I have selected auto connect on the LG (which it forgets after a couple of times) I just dont see the point in having bluetooth if its only discoverable for 120 seconds!

Phoned T Mobile for support who told me to call LG who put me on to a tech who said it sounded like a handset fault. They booked it in for a repair.I sent the handset back. They sent it back telling me they 'repaired' it but said nothing about what they did. Put the sim back in and connected to Parrot. It worked the next time I got in the car too. Fantastic - I thought. Today I got in the car and it didnt connect. Manually connected it and then wanted to make a call - hello theres no contacts synced!

Took the sim out and put it in the nokia, connected and paired straight away and synced all contacts.

My conclusion? smartphone my bottom. its not smart enough to connect to a car kit then its not smart enough for me. I will keep the Nokia. Stays charged for a week instead of 2 days and works perfectly with the car kit. OK no internet on the phone but is it really a good idea to be tied to the net all day long?

Anyone want to buy a slightly used LG Optimus One - with navigation kit? I'm serious!

mmmm, really RJ

you might have grounds to take it back and say you were mis-sold,

swear blind(if you are allowed to) that you were assured it would work with your parrot set-up, and it doesnt, so you want a refund.

I'll do it for you if you want to swap a couple of bottles of communion wine, :D

Latest posts