Lincat 2 X 9Kw Fryer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Followng that link it appears that they are 2 x 6kW, not 2 x 6kW... First off you will need to confirm which one they are having as IIRC Lincat do a 2 x 9kW - I was asked to price for wiring one o these, I recomended that they get the gas version.

How you wire it will very much depend on the layout of the property,, however you could wire them as 2 circuits with a local isolator for each

26 Amps, think you mean 36 Amps. If its a single unit than you need to cable it as single supply 72 Amp supply, unless you are trying to split load over phases?

Hi all,

Never run that thing off single phase in a million years, not practically anyway. Say they tried, and then in the middle of cooking the cutout fuse pops.... Who you think they going  to blame??..

Going to have to be run off two phases i think. I would run all three to the machine isolator and only use two, or it will be a bit confusing for the next bloke. Anyway, if they want a fryer that large, god only knows what they will want to install next, and then, at least the supply would be already there waiting.....

If they have not got a proper supply, walk away....

john

App 87 suggested (almost) the way that I did the last one - I only fitted one isolator, 4 pole variant - each side of the fryer took a phase & a neutral.

If "the next bloke" can`t understand it; he shouldn`t be trying to work on it, IMHO ;)