live bath problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another minor oddity occurred while i was there. my volt stick (and before you all start they do have a place in the world) was pretty much glowing the second i opened my toolbox and remained to do so when it was held in the center of the room. never done it before. i know they're not reliable but i still think it's a bit strange. something an nothing probablyanyhow, thanks for the input.

quick question though. if the problem has indeed 'gone away' as it appears to have at the moment - how long do you go on for trying to prove it? food for thought
SW:

Nothing is ever "something & nothing" m8. It`s obviously something.

n.b. the cold tail you describe is a resistive wire. It has an outer metal braid (imagine coax) with a pvc covering. It really doesn`t care if its embedded or not.

The problem won`t / can`t "simply go away". Not possible.

n.b. Even if the cast waste did contact / was bonded to rad pipes; that STILL won`t explain plughole volts!

How long trying to "prove it"? Prove what?!

There`s a problem. You know it, we know it, the tenants know it. There`s nothing to prove m8!

To resolve the problem:

1. Effective fault finding.

2. "sufficient knowledge & experience" to correct problem, and inhibit likelihood of recurrence.

3. Certification. cheque & bye-byes.

Literally. As easy as 1.2.3.

KME

If you cant solve it, Just stick a light bulb in your shorts.

so when you wash you hands it will impress everyone when it lights up.

Ok not helpful but maybe funny.

I wasn't going suggest Lightbulb-backside-shower.

LOL

If you cant solve it, Just stick a light bulb in your shorts.

so when you wash you hands it will impress everyone when it lights up.

:^O

Or....... Ahem..... A.B.C. :^O
If you cant solve it, Just stick a light bulb in your shorts.so when you wash you hands it will impress everyone when it lights up.

Ok not helpful but maybe funny.

I wasn't going suggest Lightbulb-backside-shower.

LOL
Yeah, sorry Abc, I thought you`d gone off in a huff, or summat! :^O

Jc mate, I think thats a bit of a bum idea:^O:^O:^O

another minor oddity occurred while i was there. my volt stick (and before you all start they do have a place in the world) was pretty much glowing the second i opened my toolbox and remained to do so when it was held in the center of the room.
Perhaps the ufh is at fault? Are you sure the whole floor isn't live (by the metal grid that is supposed to be earthed) and by touching the various metal bits round the room you're providing a path to earth?

You`ve seen the series of "Highlander" films; when he decapitates immortals??? ?:|

Well, I`m wondering if that sort of thing may have happened.......... :eek:

"Gimme the prize....................", waving his lightsabre voltstick around the room; which tends to act like magnet for the electrons. :^O (Yes, it does, that`s why it lights up! Duh.) ]:)

The electrons, closely followed by a few of their mates, came from the eight corners of the room, and attacked him. :eek: :O

He`s currently in the rocking chair, with a cup of horlicks. :^O :^O:^O

So any more news yet on this bath????we are all sitting here with baited breath... :(

waitin for the solution that was found????????? :| :| ?:|
hi guys

no news yet, can't get access. no phone numbers for the tennants(they don't have mobiles) so i can only turn up randomly and hope for the best, which i'm doing...... not working out so far. landlord doesn't seem to care much either. no real surprise there. he's in oz and not too bothered it seems.

i'm as keen to get it sorted as you are to know wtf is going on (well, possibly a little more concerned than you should be on a bank holiday)

have a good weekend all. hope you don't have to work monday and it's not a wash out. updates as it happens...................................................

hi guysno news yet, can't get access. no phone numbers for the tennants(they don't have mobiles) so i can only turn up randomly and hope for the best, which i'm doing...... not working out so far. landlord doesn't seem to care much either. no real surprise there. he's in oz and not too bothered it seems.

i'm as keen to get it sorted as you are to know wtf is going on (well, possibly a little more concerned than you should be on a bank holiday)

have a good weekend all. hope you don't have to work monday and it's not a wash out. updates as it happens...................................................
Oh hi Superwol... :)

Glad your still alive & kickin'

Me and KME was thinkin you may have been electrocuted by the "BATH"!

(cue Stephen king thriller story type music)

We shall sit & wait patiently back in the corner again until you call back!

Have a good B-Hol m8! :) :) :) :)

Perhaps the ufh is at fault? Are you sure the whole floor isn't live (by the metal grid that is supposed to be earthed) and by touching the various metal bits round the room you're providing a path to earth?
I like that thought.! :)

a lot more sensible than anything else i came out with.

but then again i am semi retired, what with knowing almost everything and all that. :D

Oh ******!! I've just read the whole of this post thinking it was going somewhere. I too was caught up with the mystery of The Bath and was hoping to come to the conclusion at the end .

I then realise that it is so old that even Slipshod and Steptoe have posted on it.

Latest posts