Location of FCU for Shower Pump

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its classed as a different room,

You know,? Like the wall with the door that you have to open to enter the bathroom, or bedroom, or kitchen, 
this is the silliness of the regs. You are correct, the FCU should not go under the bath, but then how often is it likley to be switched off? Yet we can walk about the house soaking wet through and access lots of electrical items. Just trying to think if you put the pump on a plug and fitted socket under bath whether or not that contravenes regs or not as it would not be classed as a fixed electrical item, ergo no immediate need to have an accessible switch 'for emergencies' ?

I thought I would suggest using under bath space as there are times when you just can't do anything else - I'm thinking tiled floors .

I don't see an issue with a screwdriver being needed to access a bath panel. What's the big deal?

Most people wouldn't know they have a switch under the bath ............................ but a large number would know there is one "hidden" behind the clean towels .............. and thats where most of us WOULD expect to find it.

Concealing a FCU, behind a fixed bath panel is plain daft.................................

Latest posts