Lockdown garage clearout discovery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a “proper” garage to me.
I forgot to mention the stainless steel bench and all the diving test and repair kit. All my diving gear and cylinders

Metal band saw

router table

some bikes

timber stock

walking stick making stuff

found a 15kW motor in the corner that needs converting into cash...but I can't lift it

i could really do with throwing all wife's riding gear and saddles out but she would go all moody on me , so she has to be allowed her little area

You know that enormous storage warehouse  at the end of   "  Raiders of the Lost Ark"   where they store the Ark  in a crate ........they filmed that in the mighty  Kerching  storage facility  oop there in the  north.  

My own storage facility is in comparison ,  more bijou .       

P1010088.JPG

I hate to break this to you Kerch but every one of us has a great pile of MCBs  that we'll hardly ever make use of .       They won't become like Bitcoin you know . :innocent  

Unless... You have got any of the K tripping curve for those HB boards, then they are possibly worth a bit

I beleive they are, some also said BBC on them for some reason (I'm guessing they might have been introduced especially for the BBC, or something like that)..... hold on I've just seen refernece to Brown, Boveri & Cie.... so nothing to do with the broadcasting corp (even though the logo was underlined like the one on TV) now who are they, and why?

EDIT: Ah, one of the original companies that later merged to become ABB group, makes more sense now

Sk-Stotz-Bbc-S163-K16A-16A-16Amp-K.jpg.9ff67e7fd73009fffd38fed0739a0162.jpg

Never seen the K tripping curve in any other manufacturer's ranges, and I'm sure it still raises some eyebrows when 3871 type "K" is refered to

Last edited by a moderator:
Get them on ebay then mate, and you might be able to go on holiday when this current ****storm is over...!

I seem unable to let removed boards be skipped c/w with breakers, I seem to have aquired piles of various obsolete breakers that are slowly taking over the garage, and very occasionly one will come in usful, only very occasionly though, the rest will end up being stored there for evermore

very occasionly one will come in usful, only very occasionly though, the rest will end up being stored there for evermore
We all think that  ....I've dumped loads of the damn things  .     But only in small  numbers ...never know ...might need one of these ...might come in useful one day .  

I'm down to about 60 - 70 now.   

The minute We are allowed then it's off to Cyprus!

meanwhile today I decided to clear out 'the shed' and whilst doing so I moved the seldom used MICC box so,here you go!

and there is one especially for @roys and @Evans Electric

so 

Old School Imperial

IMG_1700.JPG

where you needed a telephone directory to tell you which gland

By special,request

IMG_1701.JPGIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1703.JPGIMG_1704.JPGIMG_1705.JPGIMG_1706.JPG

Used in 1980 according tprint dat 

IMG_1707.JPG

emergency get you out of the carp case....bearing in mind we did a LOT of Pyro

IMG_1708.JPG

and finally Wedge Pots and seals with glands. I,actually quite liked theseIMG_1709.JPGIMG_1710.JPGIMG_1711.JPGIMG_1712.JPG

Kerch  you're a Pyro millionaire  .    I think all mine went as brass "Tat "    with the scrap cable , just have the tools now .  I remember those tins of compound  well.  Those seals ...didn't we have to fit a bead into the sleeving .... kept them on a wire stick ?   

I've said before on here , the oddest job I was on  was  a Halls of Residence at B,ham Uni  .  where they had Home Office permission  to wire it all in  ...is it  TN-C  ?

Generally single core Pyro  ...earth tail pots ... with the sheath as  N & E  .  

A 20 storey  & a 3 storey block . 

A socket would be connected .... centre core Live ..... the earth tail  off the pot to the back of the box ---to the N  --then the E   .must be done without cutting it .     

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaahhh there is them pesky shrink sleeves that I haven’t seen for 35 years and hoped I wouldn’t see again. I do likePyro.😀

Latest posts