Looking for a Torque driver

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New year, new tools needed.

Been thinking about getting a torque driver for a while, had a look on ISSWWW and saw the Armeg 5 piece set and thought that would be ideal. Just the right price bracket for me.

Then I looked at the review on the forum https://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/28150-armeg-screwdriver-set/#comment-386884

Although this is for the standard driver, the blades are the same. I read the bit about the insulation being a bit chunky and thought, oh ho........

ISSWWW do indeed also stock the Whia which looks well nice, bit it is £50 more expensive, a bit out of my reach right now.

So, does anybody have and use the Armeg? How bad is the insulation? I guess it is a bit pointless if it won't fit into Protective Devices.

Any feedback or better options would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just cut the few insulation off, why does it need insulation anyway,?

Not as if you will be working LIVE, is it,? :eek:
As if....

clivephonepics180.jpg.f50eb8e6c6bc7beb15e1c5a59426d861.jpg
[/URL]

clivephonepics179.jpg.562fc33787d4d2be3a9bac156d7bba02.jpg
[/URL]

clivephonepics178.jpg.d347e5929f87785876e8cfe0de721d4a.jpg
[/URL]

clivephonepics181.jpg.7db3fcc08808f329ef866bfa61302101.jpg
[/URL]

Jeez!!  Kerch    looking like Insulation City there .  

Just wondering if the rise in exploding consumer units  correlates with the rise in torque screwdrivers  .   

Just saying.

Speaking personally , I must have done a million installs without the use of a torque driver. 

Barx - Ive got the Armeg set and it hasn't caused me any problems....

'cause like most on here I haven't used it. Had my assessment the other week (NIC), no mention of it. In fact, there wasn't much mention of anything except public liability renewal dates (due in two days time), which surprise surprise I've had dozens of calls for. Not happy

Barx - Ive got the Armeg set and it hasn't caused me any problems....

'cause like most on here I haven't used it. Had my assessment the other week (NIC), no mention of it. In fact, there wasn't much mention of anything except public liability renewal dates (due in two days time), which surprise surprise I've had dozens of calls for. Not happy

Sprocket , try Gladiator  in Swansea . 0800 519 6767   .   I've reduced the cover on mine now to £2million  @ £111.00  per annum .

I'm with Stroma,

Have both my PL and PI with them, well, their agents,

5m PL and 250K PI , <£120 year

tbh, that about halves my subs to them to start with, so well worth it to me.

Previously I was paying over £300 for both, so its a  no brainer for me.

Is that only available to stroma members steps? 
Not sure, but I think so, was a bit funny when I applied to mine, my PI had just run out, but couldn't get theirs until I was a member, had to her a nice lady from Stroma to sort it so I could have the EICR classification from Stroma, 

FWIW, was £200 cheaper than I could get combined elsewhere, so made my Stroma membership better than half price, in reality.

Some good points here guys, thanks.

I guess if I do decide to invest, The armeg would be the choice, I could always get a 2nd slotted PZ 2 blade and shave down the insulation for the tricky ones. And, IF I end up not using it, it isn't too big an investment.

@kerching - That is some collection. At least it won't be cold in your tool boxes with all that insulation :slap

Oh, is that.  beta,????

I have some fibreglass stuff, but not to that magnitude,!!!! :eek:
Not sure what you mean by 'beta'.....manufacturer?

none is fibreglass other than a couple of cam wedges, everything is double layered insulation over steel

having looked at those pics ( about 3 pr 4 years old ).  I really should sell  some off to fund the 'hobby'

Latest posts