main bonding size

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"EARTHING"not

"BONDING"? ;)
Well it is in note 3 of table 4.1 in OSG referring to bonds. Guess its if you need to get from one place to another and have to bury the cable (e.g. under a door step).

Well it is in note 3 of table 4.1 in OSG referring to bonds. Guess its if you need to get from one place to another and have to bury the cable (e.g. under a door step).
buried means either surely?

while we all know its 10mm and the brb says so, i just stumbled across this and thought how so

buried means either surely?
NO!

Do Not confuse EARTHING & BONDING!

Note 3 OSG is refering to Table 54.1 on pg 127

"Earthing Conductors"

i.e. 'section 542.3 Earthing'

not

'section 544.1 Main protective bonding'

check the blue reg reference in OSG back to BRB to see what bits they refer to. ;) :)

NO!Do Not confuse EARTHING & BONDING!

Note 3 OSG is refering to Table 54.1 on pg 127

"Earthing Conductors"

i.e. 'section 542.3 Earthing'

not

'section 544.1 Main protective bonding'

check the blue reg reference in OSG back to BRB to see what bits they refer to. ;) :)
i'm not confusing the 2 however i've seen how i've mis read the osg.

instead of it saying for earthing see notes 1 to 4. for bonding see notes 1 only

i mistakenly read note 3 as applying to bonding which it does not.

i'm not confusing the 2 however i've seen how i've mis read the osg.instead of it saying for earthing see notes 1 to 4. for bonding see notes 1 only

i mistakenly read note 3 as applying to bonding which it does not.
One of those classic easy mistakes, sort of thing C&G luuuvv in thier exam Q's...

getting you to fully read & not skip read! :(

ALL of the not DO clearly say the words "Earthing" and/or "Bonding" in the appropriate notes. :|