Make sure FEDEX don't do your delivery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i have to say, that i sympathise with th people expecting their deliveries, these drivers should be sacked and id also state that they are probably commiting criminal damage as well. id be letting both the dleivery companies deal with this and id also find out the individual concerned and sue him personally to teach them both a lesson. at least the cctv was working that time round.decent quality aswell.

I loathe FedEx too. Along with some of the other couriers. The service they provide is appalling.they ring your doorbell and 5 seconds later they are gone, off to the next delivery. And I'm left with a 32 mile round trip to their depot. And if you ring them up they won't deliver to an alternative address. Nor do they take any notice of any notes you put on the door.

I will only have stuff delivered by Royal Mail (we have the delivery office in town) or Parcelforce (they'll leave my parcel at the Post Office if no one home.

I've actually refused to deal with suppliers who won't use RM or PF and insist on using 'their' courier.

I've even known the PF driver stop at a clients 'cos he saw my van and recognised the name on the side. Now that's service.

i get everything sent to my unit address - im rarely there through the day, but some of neighbours are there all day and take any deliveries.

even had one delivery to me today at a job, he was delivering to the same place as i was working and saw the van (although he did say he had just been to mine. would have been easier to him to leave it with someone else)

hate it when RM take it back to the sorting office though - nearest legal place to park is a few hundred metre away, although if there is someone else, you can sometimes get away with stopping in the bus stand outside

Last edited by a moderator:
Fedex delviered some controls to me on a site today w/o issue, oddly he was concerned that they have an arangement to throw parcels over the fence (they normally get religious newspapers delivered)

I have no problems with any couriers or RM, speaking to some of the guys, they come 30-40 mile to the town & are doing easliy 100+ drops in day they ain't got time to ***** about

I have no problems with any couriers or RM, speaking to some of the guys, they come 30-40 mile to the town & are doing easliy 100+ drops in day they ain't got time to ***** about
They shouldn't be doing the job if they can't be ar**d to it right (saying they haven't got the time is no excuse)

Bit like you saying i've got two jobs to do today but f*** it can't be ar**d to test the first one i an't got time.

I'm afraid I dont have that much faith in courier firms. PF smashed a Halolite mirror last week & still tried to talke the customer into signing for it "i've checked it only the box is damaged", just as well I got to the door in time, the mirror corner was smashed.

Having in the past done some mobile phone installation work in a couple of sorting depots around the country where the trunkers drop before items are despatched by van......It was common to see pickers/sorters lobbing & kicking packages across the loading bays & at the old PF depot in Reading (it's gone now) the in game was basket ball....as in slam dunking packages into the high sided roll cages before loading onto the trunk wagon.

It's even worse this time of year because they get temps in who tend to do a good job, but the full timers lets just say ..like to show off a little (so my BIL says, he's temping nights at city link).