Making my bench grinder run backwards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you're not dead because.................
It's a bench grinder, possibly the safest tool I have.

The chainsaw, circular saw, router, planer/thicknesser, lathe, bench drill, jigsaw are far more dangerous and much more likely to cause me harm.

I fail to see the issue? What's the worst case scenario? I wear goggles and have my sleeves rolled up?

Hey Patch , advise please. I've been asked to castrate this mad bull near us ,(in the Bulll Ring actually) Would my old Stanley knife and the side cutters be all I need. Is it safer at that end than by the horns. The owner says I don't need to use anaesthetic, do you think its safe ?

Deke

Hey Patch , advise please. I've been asked to castrate this mad bull near us ,(in the Bulll Ring actually) Would my old Stanley knife and the side cutters be all I need. Is it safer at that end than by the horns. The owner says I don't need to use anaesthetic, do you think its safe ?Deke
Use a new blade on your Stanley knife - will be fine. No need for side-cutters.

No legal requirement for anaesthetic until 3 months old.

You cut the scrotum and then pull the testicle. Elastic recoil stops the bleeding. They barely react.

I speak no word of a lie

:_|Oh blimey I don't think I can do it . (Only being sarcastic anyway) Also the bull in the Brum Bull Ring is made of bronze. I'd need a hacksaw and the 110v jigsaw methinks.

Why am I sitting cross legged !!!! :_|

:_|Oh blimey I don't think I can do it . (Only being sarcastic anyway) Also the bull in the Brum Bull Ring is made of bronze. I'd need a hacksaw and the 110v jigsaw methinks.Why am I sitting cross legged !!!! :_|
since its not a construction site, you might aswell save yourself the bother of carrying a transformer and just use 230V jigsaw...

Well I thought I'd go and have a look at the switch so I could order something suitable from Maplin and I noticed 2 M10 nuts connecting the base casting to the motor housing. By undoing those I was able to rotate the base 180

Well I thought I'd go and have a look at the switch so I could order something suitable from Maplin and I noticed 2 M10 nuts connecting the base casting to the motor housing. By undoing those I was able to rotate the base 180

I'm still not happy with this grinder running backwards Patch. So apart from the wheels flying off and decapitating you, will you also have all the sparks and metal flying into your eyes ? Not only will a wheel cut your head off, it will also blind you !!

I'm still not happy with this grinder running backwards Patch. So apart from the wheels flying off and decapitating you, will you also have all the sparks and metal flying into your eyes ? Not only will a wheel cut your head off, it will also blind you !!
Not it won't. Really!

I wear goggles.

You can touch the rotating wheel - it doesn't hurt. It's a very fine grit.

II appreciate your concern tho :D

WHAT !!! you can touch the wheel !!!! I can't listen any more ..

How do you test for a live circuit Patch ? Oh don't tell me .... you stick your finger onto the live terminal..Right ???

Patch ... please download " Abrasive wheels Health and Safety" ASAP

Deke

Latest posts