market value

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Reaction score
hello all

i am in the process buying 9 dell poweredge 2450 (secondhand) but want to value them so i pay the right amount;)

does anyone know a good pallet co (cheap:D), because they are being delivered on a pallet

bob

basicly a private sale and the guy want my to offer a price.

he also wants

Being nosey but what you gonna use them for?? just interested. I know they servers but what are they used for?Cheers
Room heaters.

Being nosey but what you gonna use them for?? just interested. I know they servers but what are they used for?Cheers
they were going to be used for general network use eg: file server, web server, backup, etc etc

but then i asked about if there are any problems :_| and allmost half of them had non fixable problemsX( X( so i forgot that idea(and said no because of the rest of them) :_| , il save the money to get a large format camera around april time :D

bob

they were going to be used for general network use eg: file server, web server, backup, etc etc
Probably a bit OTT for that. 1 server will happily do all of that, and like I said, you could get a decent server ready to go for

i have a 1998 IBM workstation that i am re-building it has a intel penitum 3 (yes 3 :D ), and dont want to overload it :)

bob

Im trying to understand whats the need for a server. Wont a normal computer do what you need. Is it much faster, more powerful, or do you need massive storage??

Cheers

i have a 1998 IBM workstation that i am re-building it has a intel penitum 3 (yes 3 :D ), and dont want to overload it :)
How are you thinking you might overload it? A file\web server will happily run from floppy on a 486. A PIII would be more than adequate for a decent specced file server.

Im trying to understand whats the need for a server. Wont a normal computer do what you need. Is it much faster, more powerful, or do you need massive storage??Cheers
they would do it anyday, but what sound better eg: 4 servers or 4 computers:p

bob

they would do it anyday, but what sound better eg: 4 servers or 4 computers:pbob
Depends how you put it, 4 servers running windows xp or 4 computers running server 2003?

the one i an going to get is a De Vere Whole Plate/Half Plate/5x4 monorail thats all i know at the moment, wont be getting it till end of april (he is in USA at the moment)

bob

Latest posts