Megger Powersuite on site software, any good with NIC cert? has anyone used it?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
I have decided to get myself the Megger MFT1730 multifunction tester. I am not sure weather to get the package with there Powersuite on site software.

I would be using it to fill in NICEIC certificates. I prefer to have a printed version, for neatness, ease of keeping records, duplicating and amending etc.

Does anyone have any experience using it? i dont mind spending the extra

I've just bought the megger 1730 was in the same boat as u so bought it with out software thinking if I need it at a later date will purchase it after its a great bit of kit after having a fluke before hand

& I was thinking the same, but is it more to buy it afterwards?

where did you get yours from? im sure there was better deals before christmas, with free wonder lead or proving unit etc. (from test4less.co & test-meter.co etc)

Got mine from eddies for 885 quid inc vat saw it on there for a bit more ive got proving unit and wander lead though

I used to use Powersuite; but found it awkward and unfriendly to use, TBH - So I went over to Easycert, from our sponsors, Tysoft. Don`t like powersuite, and wouldn`t entertain using it again.

KME

Thanks i will look into Easycert. can you bluetooth straight to Easycert from the megger?

Although i had already thought i could probably enter the results quicker manually as opposed to sending them from the tester to computer, and getting them in the right field etc.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:57 ----------

Easycert looks fantastic. Does everything i would ever need and has iphone support. Noted the 10% discount from the forum.

& I was thinking the same, but is it more to buy it afterwards?where did you get yours from? im sure there was better deals before christmas, with free wonder lead or proving unit etc. (from test4less.co & test-meter.co etc)
?????? Try the Forum Sponsor, you might get a deal there ;)

I have decided to get myself the Megger MFT1730 multifunction tester. I am not sure weather to get the package with there Powersuite on site software.I would be using it to fill in NICEIC certificates. I prefer to have a printed version, for neatness, ease of keeping records, duplicating and amending etc.

Does anyone have any experience using it? i dont mind spending the extra

I have powersuite and like you brought it when i purchased a megger cm500 now that does downloading but what i found it never did things in order. I always found it easier to put results in manually. My software agreement has run out and i think the company megger use to support it wanted about

3 days after starting my first thread on here i now have a Megger mft1730 + extras in my hands, a fantastic deal thanks to one of the forum sponsors.

I have been lurking on here for a while, and got involved 3 days ago with this thread. Thanks to Megger Mark Electrical Test Equipment - ISSWWW . I can fully recommend to any one else wondering if they should join in on here, I did and have been very well looked after. Fantastic.

Now if the forum could get sponsored by Apple as i am saving up for a new macbook pro, and vm ware to run certificate software. I cant bring myself to buy a rotten windoze machine, i will just wait to get a proper computer, then i can use it for pleasure also.

Thanks everyone :D