Memera 2000 MCBs ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memera 2000 MCBs  have the number ALB ...then the rating ...then number of poles .     So a 32A say would be  ...ALB321 .

My question is ..are they the same as BIll  Talisman  & the MEM equivalent? 

Just had to order a 50A on ebay so I will know when it comes ...just asking ...they looked very similar in situ.

Yes. I used to use a lot of the Memera 2000 ALB range (still got some floating about) and used them interchangeably with the Memshield. Still got a load of Memshield too as it happens.

Yeah, I don't think I have any 50's either, mainly 6 & 10A MCB's and 16 & 32A RCBO's IIRC. Don't think I have anything over 32A in MEM.

One of them has a slightly wider than normal busbar,

I changed about 10 last week, I know I have a 63 for sure, and a 40, I'll look see if I have a 50 if you want @Evans Electric

Sorry,

Just looked,

2 x C40 and a C63 is the what I have in larger sizes. :(

Thanks for looking Stepps,

I found one on  ebay and I think it was the only one ,  £10 .  A few days to get here but they can wait .

I have some Bill Talisman & the MEM version in 40A  but the job is in Yam-Yam Land and a right pain to drive through , so would like to get it right first time .  

Whether a 40A  Talisman will fit & would carry a 10.5KW shower for 10 minutes I don't know .  Can't be arsed with being called back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ****** me, looks like I have everything. Just happened across a box of miscellany in the stores and there is an Eaton 50A MCB in there.

rarely ever see any around here
That seems to happen doesn't it ?  

Used to find a lot of Federal switchgear in Yam Yam Land  but not much in Brum .

Another big difference , is Twin/E  in grey or white .     The only time we use white T&E  is if its surface clipped and the white helps it blend in .   I would probably have to order it in along with  white clips.     I'm told its all white darn sarf .     ( That would sound like all right darn sarf )