Metal Tool Box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why can't I find what I want?

I want a tool box made 100% from metal. I'd prefer stainless steel or green powder coated but not that bothered. It must have a metal lift out tray. The metal lift out (tote) tray must hold a long thin item 23" long (~58cm). No plastic. Must be 2 catches, none of these really cheap crappy ones.

Something like this, but longer

Buy Jetech TB-19 Tool Box from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK

Or this, but longer

US PRO PORTABLE TOOL BOX TOOL CHEST TOOLBOX BLACK: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I don't mind if it costs a bit of money, but it must be good quality and last.

patch, would it just be easier to get one made?

I assume this is for medical equipment?

even the tote in my chest box wouldnt be 23", its smaller than the bopx and thats only 600mm,

even on my old BETA box the tote is still only about 20" or so I woulkd guess, even though the box is nigh on 900mm.

the only other suggestion I would have is a porta-power box, they usually have a tote in the top for the various attachments.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:12 ----------

and are over 2' long, but quite narrow.

So you dont need a tote tray, just a long metal box?What do you want it made from,?
There are various bits of equipment. including some larger items (like box of gloves) but the limiting factor seems to be the length of these rods that I want to fit into a tote tray with some other smaller items.

To be truthful I don't care what material it is made from. What it must be is easily cleanable and disinfectable when it inevitably ends up covered in faeces!

From experience the blow moulded plastic boxes are NOT suitable.

My thoughts were if I could get something in metal (preferably stainless) then it would look professional, and we are being judged all the time. I like to convey a professional appearance. Also it would be smooth, cleanable and resistant to disinfection.

This is the type of thing that seems to be the limiting factor (there are many other nice boxes that would store the other items!)

Embryo%20transfer%20gun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty certain you could get any decent welder to fold and weld you a 'basic'-ish metal box up for not a lot of money,

heck, if you really want I know a coded welder that makes stuff for the WSB guys that could knock you one up from titanium if you wanted, :D [cheaper materials are available],

bespoke and with a tote too if you want.

I think thats going to be your best bet, custom made with as many sections as you want/need, and space for all your other gubbins too,

and I'll bet it wont be as much as you think, but better than anything you can buy off the shelf,

Im pretty certain you could get any decent welder to fold and weld you a 'basic'-ish metal box up for not a lot of money,heck, if you really want I know a coded welder that makes stuff for the WSB guys that could knock you one up from titanium if you wanted, :D [cheaper materials are available],

bespoke and with a tote too if you want.

I think thats going to be your best bet, custom made with as many sections as you want/need, and space for all your other gubbins too,

and I'll bet it wont be as much as you think, but better than anything you can buy off the shelf,
I know a couple of chaps who do a bit of fabrication work. Just a little less hassle if what I want already exists and I didn't know where but one of you guys did!

I reckon to buy what you want/need would set you back a couple of hundred easily,

unless you can get an empty porta-power box, like I linked before, they are about 2+1/2' long, and generally metal.

Latest posts