Meters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Sparks,

After many good years of service & plenty of grief & micky taking from fellow sparks, I have decided to bite the bullet & upgrade my meters.

My existing Robin jobbies have served me well, what too chose ?

Had a quick butchers at Fluke 1653B & Megger 1720 any of you guys had any bad experience from either ?

I have no preference one way or the other, but as coming towards the latter stages of sparking want something that will see me thru.......

Cheers

Too long in the Tooth

Well I recently BOUGHT a set of Robin singles!

Mainly for the EFLI tester, which has DLock & puts a full 25A through the circuit under test, which none of the new testers do.

So, it has its place in a testing armoury.

BTW I second the suggestion to contact Megger Mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pm megger mark some time ago never got back to me :C  

Then I called Testermans  twice they never got back to me either :C  

So did my own thing and got good deal off ebay  :rolleyes:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I pm megger mark some time ago never got back to me :C

Then I called Testermans twice they never got back to me either :C

Thats unusual for megger mark, unless he was on holiday. However i can be a pita if i need something and have to sometimes chase things up, but thats normal in both business and personal life.

So did my own thing and got good deal off ebay :rolleyes:

Hi Sparks,

After many good years of service & plenty of grief & micky taking from fellow sparks, I have decided to bite the bullet & upgrade my meters.

My existing Robin jobbies have served me well, what too chose ?

Had a quick butchers at Fluke 1653B & Megger 1720 any of you guys had any bad experience from either ?

I have no preference one way or the other, but as coming towards the latter stages of sparking want something that will see me thru.......

Cheers

Too long in the Tooth
Hi there,

I'm a confirmed "Megger" man, have been for years. However I'm old fashioned in that I always use singles. They do fail and have to be replaced/repaired from time-to-time and I always thought that if a Multi-function tester develops a fault you lose all testing capability until it is replaced/repaired and obviously cost is a lot more to replace a multi-function unit ?!?

Or, am I actually an old codger one step away from rubber pants and an ear trumpet ?

Steve C.

Latest posts