MK Sentry.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Would I be able to fit an RCBO BSEN 61009 to an MK Sentry board that has LN type MCB's. I understand that there might be differences in the way they fit on to the board.

Cheers Deke. That's worth a try. I was just getting some ideas as this job could be coming up soon.

I think it does mate. I done on a while back it was a wickes branded board with mk ln mcbs. I took one into my local wilts and the mk rcbo fits. If your interested let me know and I'll post the picture of it in the board as I've found the picture on me phone so I'll transfer it to computer and post it on here.

What rating are you looking for?
6a It's for the upstairs lighting circuit.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:00 ----------

I think it does mate. I done on a while back it was a wickes branded board with mk ln mcbs. I took one into my local wilts and the mk rcbo fits. If your interested let me know and I'll post the picture of it in the board as I've found the picture on me phone so I'll transfer it to computer and post it on here.
Cheers mate! that would be good. Wasn't there a post on here asking about what mcb is compatible with what board.

Depends how old it is if its the one with open trminals the newer ones won't fit but if its the closed terminals they should.

Don't forget our sponsor folks:

MCBFINDER.CO.UK

There isn't an RCBO on this page (and the one I have is 32A), but might be worth a call to Andrew.

On a similar job recently we were lucky enough to have a spare 30A way in the board, so I used that to feed a 4mm into a small 3 way board. I pulled the lighgts out of the main board into the small board and put them on new Hager RCBOs. Should've taken a picture!

Alternatively you could try buying the RCD and converting the board to split (or dual if it's already split).

Don't forget our sponsor folks:MCBFINDER.CO.UK

There isn't an RCBO on this page (and the one I have is 32A), but might be worth a call to Andrew.

On a similar job recently we were lucky enough to have a spare 30A way in the board, so I used that to feed a 4mm into a small 3 way board. I pulled the lighgts out of the main board into the small board and put them on new Hager RCBOs. Should've taken a picture!

Alternatively you could try buying the RCD and converting the board to split (or dual if it's already split).
Cheers mate. I forgot about the sponsor but it's opened up a few options for me...

if its the plastic board where front tapers and shallower at the top, RCBO's dont fit properly. otherwise yes, they do. i normally use a wylex. doesnt always fit onto the busbar, but you can fit it on the rail and use a bit of 6mm as a link between busbar & RCBO. or you can get a conversion kit from MK

Andy, doesnt the wylex RCBO sit a little far out though? stopping the door closing properly?

IIRC I had this problem, but it didnt matter so much as the CU was in a little cupboard of its own so I removed the CU door.

Andy, doesnt the wylex RCBO sit a little far out though? stopping the door closing properly?IIRC I had this problem, but it didnt matter so much as the CU was in a little cupboard of its own so I removed the CU door.
iirc, front sticks out a little further, but cover still fits as normal, which is the main part. but yes, the door over the MCB's may not fully close

You should have no problem fitting the later RCBO's in that board as said its the earlier ones with open terminals that are more of a problem.

You should have no problem fitting the later RCBO's in that board as said its the earlier ones with open terminals that are more of a problem.
Thanks Batty..

Latest posts