Motor Frame Size...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Canoe,

I have not got a caliper that big and the motor body is in the way a bit. I will have a go tomorrow and using my fairly crap trig, come up with a PCD!!

Hi Paul,

It is a strange setup..  You open one of the inlet valves using a lever so the thing starts off load, then you switch it on, it does its star delta bit, and off it goes. You flick the lever down and it produces air.

Next thing, when it gets up to pressure, it sends a pneumatic signal to both inlet valves in the cylinder heads and jams them open so the thing stops pumping, but the motor continues to run without stopping. When the air runs down a bit, it will release the valves and the thing churns out more air.

Say you do not use any air though?? Well after the motor has run unloaded for a preset time [which you can vary] it will shut down, and jam the valves open. Next time you use some air, the thing will do the star delta bit, run up to speed, un jam its valves and the whole cycle starts again!!

If you set it to manual, it will do the bit with the valves, but the motor will run non stop. Well clever!! I had never seen one like it before till i got this one.

Hi steps,

It is an old bike trailer someone gave me for nothing. I just fitted new wheels and cable tied some pallets to the top. I got a proper trailer, but this contraption is on it http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/resistance87/media/Lathe.jpg.html

Why do i buy this stuff????

john..

jaysus,

I wish I had,

A  :  a wife as understanding as yours

B  :  the room you have for all that stuff

C  :  the skill you have to do the stuff you do

answer  :  move to S Wales and have you do the stuff I need all that sort of gear for   :D

now, to convince the wife that is a good idea,,,,,,,    :|

Hi Steps,

I am not that skilled!! just had a bit of a misguided youth is all. You lot all got proper careers and that, i never did, so i am not that smart. I can do a bit i suppose though.

Once i get my act together though, i would be pleased to try to help you all out..

john...

Latest posts