My week

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Venture!

Reaction score
Just having a moan. Sorry! 

Thus so far:-

Course I booked got cancelled at the last minute.
Delivery truck turned up with 75% of my order missing, rest soaking wet on back of flatbed!
Had to buy a new voltage detector as broke my old one.
Lost a job I quoted for.
Tried to order a new mobile only for order to become "stuck" in system and no one seems able to unstick it. 

Had to condemn a new install I was asked for advice on.......which made ME unpopular..........

Asked how much to "do that Part P stuff" on an extension that someone wired themselves and "just needs someone to do the paperwork stuff". Was sworn at over that one.......

Anyone else glad it's Friday?

yup!

thank fork it's Friday!

pretty dire week work wise, odd jobs and lots of deliveries, had to fit a pir today and that was about the peak of technically challenging... sigh.

works not been great since we lost a big contract so I'm just plodding along picking up what ever comes along

and going home early to spend time with the kids! ;)

also smashed the screen on my work phone! oops!

clearing out the shed tomorrow! yey!

:)

about the worst part of my week was ripping 2 teeth off a brand new core bit... an entire inch into its very first breezeblock wall. thats going back next week for refund. on the plus side, it was only bought for a specific job and not one that i expect to use again anytime soon...

Finished fitting a kitchen on Tuesday and started a boiler/CH install on Wednesday, with a few little jobs in between. No Electrical work at all this week, so all properties safe from burning down DI-wise, for now.

about the worst part of my week was ripping 2 teeth off a brand new core bit... an entire inch into its very first breezeblock wall. thats going back next week for refund. on the plus side, it was only bought for a specific job and not one that i expect to use again anytime soon...
Well my boat gets craned in tomorrow so it's oficially sailing season from tomorrow. You wouldn't think so with the weather.

Just finished first fixing neighbours new house. First new build I have done for a few years.

A friend of mine used to refer to B&Q as the "hire shop"  He would buy a tool, do the job, the tool would mysteriously break, and it would go back for a refund.

i know some people like that too. but in this case, i had no intention of returning it. its going back for refund although i may get a replacement instead. but its not very often i use a 182mm core bit...

Had a few ups and downs this week. Someone reversed into my van when I was parked up at a petrol station and the day after I managed to lose one of my allen keys down a cavity wall and bend the other one. But on the bright side I've spend a couple of days doing HV work in lovely sunshine out in the sticks in Wiltshire :)

Not even an offer for a visit. I am shocked and appalled.  :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a few ups and downs this week. Someone reversed into my van when I was parked up at a petrol station and the day after I managed to lose one of my allen keys down a cavity wall and bend the other one. But on the bright side I've spend a couple of days doing HV work in lovely sunshine out in the sticks in Wiltshire :)

Could have been worse, dropping the allen key on the HV job.

Well. My week has just ended with one of the most difficult days in my life..

My daughter has Aspergers and suffered with her weight a couple of years ago... Now coming up to her GCSEs she's been suffering with anxiety terribly... 4 days ago her brain told her that she couldn't eat or drink...

Today we got her admitted to hospital so that she can get the care she needs :( :)

Well. My week has just ended with one of the most difficult days in my life..

My daughter has Aspergers and suffered with her weight a couple of years ago... Now coming up to her GCSEs she's been suffering with anxiety terribly... 4 days ago her brain told her that she couldn't eat or drink...

Today we got her admitted to hospital so that she can get the care she needs :( :)
That's awful Noz. I really hopes she gets better soon. <3

Last edited by a moderator: