Need help understanding 2330 practical testing (Insulation Resistance, Polarity and Continuity)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05gmccarthyg

Reaction score
Could anyone explain to me how you actually do it. For some reason I can never remember.

Thanks.

If I was you mate I would get onto Amazon and pick up this book, it will be worth it's weight in gold to you my friend!! It is basic, has simple step by step guides with photographs and explains why the tests need doing as well as how to do them. It shows you how to fill in your test cert. PIR, EIC and Minor works. If you are having trouble for

Your test is tomorrow? Your probably gonna hate me for saying this but "failure to prepare - is preparing to fail"

I did my Inspection & Testing two weeks ago, I found a lot of shizzle on youtube which shows you the different test procedures and so forth, especially useful if you don't have the liberty of having testing experience at work.

- Fellow level 3 apprentice

Mate are you for real? 8:50pm and you ask how to do the tests, you are leaving it a bit short, all I can offer you is PM me you email address and I will do my best to scan the sections of the book and email them to you.

Actually mate Tone-E had the better answer check these out!!

Polarity

YouTube - ‪Polarity‬‏

Insulation Resistance

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cfn7nt4gYUo?feature=oembedI have not watched the videos mate but had a quick look, look around some more. The more videos you watch for these three items the better your understanding.

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on.

You dont understand. In 4 weeks I've had 2 Unit exams and a practical exam. It's near impossible to prepare for all of those.

Ok, sorry mate, watch the videos and take notes, watch the videos again an refine your notes. Make a list describing each point of each test. You don't have much time. Good luck and don't panic, just remember the points you noted above, its not that difficult.

You dont understand. In 4 weeks I've had 2 Unit exams and a practical exam. It's near impossible to prepare for all of those.
The fact that many other electricians do manage to study revise & pass the various electrical exams show your assumptions to be incorrect. Tony E's statement is very true "failure to prepare - is preparing to fail" Sometimes truth can hurt. The forum is very good with some very experienced and helpful members. But we all have to do our share of the work to receive help from others. Really you should have been asking these questions several weeks ago. If any person is not familiar with the basic standard procedures the day before an exam then there has been some study time management problems. I can only wish you well and I hope this thread can help others who have not yet reached their exam dates.

Doc H.

Doc Hudson does have a point. All I can think is that you are doing too much in too little time, but still don't panic!! I had a four year apprenticeship and did these tests over and over again with my boss standing over me, I hated it, but that was 20 or so years ago!!

Take your time mate!