neutral bar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shouldnt that be BROWN
AND

RED

:^O :^O
That was the pun intended I used brown for red and red for brown colour stays the colour intended for visual but the word reads a different colour.

I think I will stick to black and white:D

That was the pun intended I used brown for red and red for brown colour stays the colour intended for visual but the word reads a different colour.I think I will stick to black and white:D
as in BLACK and white oh bugga :^O white doesnt stand out on a white background

:_|

HIGHLIGHT THE BLANKS AND IT WILL REVEAL ALLL :D :^O:^O:^O:^O

as in BLACK and white oh bugga :^O white doesnt stand out on a white background :_|

HIGHLIGHT THE BLANKS AND IT WILL REVEAL ALLL :D :^O:^O:^O:^O
:eek: :D:D:D

B-)B-)

stick your tester between an open neutral and you will soon see why its treated as live
stick your mitts between and it bloody hurts!

trust me on this:O

Yellow

Red

Green

Purple

Orange

Blue

Black

say all colours (and repeat), saying the colour as written. easy?

say all colours (and repeat), saying colour as displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
you lot are driving me crazy with all this talk of colors lol.

Get it now,take a circuits neutral out of the cu bar and its at 230v leave it in and its at 0v.

Very confusing lol. is it a bit like because the power has been consumed and is only returning the current-whereas when fault or open current hasnt been used so still charged to full.

if that sounds stupid you can slapm me lol

Not stupid at all , yes it is like that, current is returning to earth via the neutral. It might help if I knew how to post a sketch on here but I don't. Can you picture a generator with star windings , the centre point of the star is zero volts and this is the neutral connection . So the supply transformer is wound the same way and the centre tapping is earthed and becomes the neutral. The word neutral is self explaining. I find it hard to explain, say you have a 3 phase motor and you want a lamp as a warning signal that its running but there is no neutral. Connect the lamp (240v) between one phase and the star point in the motor term. box and lamp works . Otherwise you would have to connect two lamps in series and connect across two phases .

I think I'm confusing things here ,have a look at Special's post, further back.

Deke

A tiny trickle of what I tried so hard to learn in Poly 20 years ago is beginning to emerge; star wired generators have a middle bit and edge bits and isn't this why there are always three wires on a big pylon and a tidgy one at the top ?

(I'm in IT now, service and infrastructure provision to big blue chip company and I can't even fix a PC no more... you can tell can't you... ? )

Latest posts