New book title....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the doctor

Part P Doctor ™
Reaction score
hi all,

firstly, i hope i am not doing wrong posting this rant here.....

as some of you know i am a frustrated author as well as sparkie and part time teacher......

when i wrote my first book a couple of years ago it was named the "part p doctor" and where did i derive this inspiration? well from the original doctor valentino rossi of course. :coat

then the 17th edition came along so the book has had to be tweaked here and re-written there. i have spent a lot of time improving the layout etc. it has reached the stage, now, where i have done the draft, printed it and had it out to notaries for scanning and proofing to share with me the spelling, grammar and general nonsensicle bits! :_|

anyhow all the comments are back and i have spent this last week with dave gee, my art man getting it ready for the print run. one thing that has bugged me all the way through is the new title.

originally, in a creative moment i came up with ppd, second opinion but then others have suggested:

second phase

second helping

second consultation

part two

phase two

the more i think about it the more my head aches. can someone on this forum throw up any suggestions. if i get a good one and pick it, a signed copy will be winging its way to the contributor by way of thanks!

best wishes

alan

noz

that is wonderful, why didnt i think of thatX(

a definite front runner even before any one else shouts! ta

I am with Noz. I like that.

Come on TD, pull your finger out. ;)

ok

i agree:D

when i explained to dave the art man about first/second fix, he laughed and agreed too!

the artwork was finished today, exported into a pdf and is to be printed tomorrow for a final final scan ---with the working title

"The Part P Doctor 2nd. fix"

cant see it been beaten, but if you know better......

I was going to say that but Noz beat me to it !!!! He's always doing it !! :_| Its not fair !!! :|

I can only come up with" Part P The next Generation"

or

" Part P , Government Scam or Bold Step Forward ?"

Think Noz has it there .

By the way, who is Doctor Valentino Rossi ?

Deke

doctor valentino rossi?

you kidding? ?:|

IMHO the worlds greatest sportsman.....google and youtube him for a treat...

How about "Part P Doctor,,, the 2nd fix"....
I would agree with this and could not better it, I was thinking second fix when I read your post only to find noz had added the part p doctor in front of it.

Well done Noz

Well I've tried but cant get the title already given by Noz out of my head..so ****** it Noz wins..

Will have to buy the book now:D

Doc can the book be purchased from your company directly when printed?

save paying (if they do it again) the extra

Apparently you win a car if you come up with the name for the 3rd book.

;) :D

Sorry guys:p:p, it just came to meBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingI think Tim's is good for book 3 "The next shocking installment";)
No it would be part p doctor, the exedos!

hi

thanks for the replies:D

The Part P Doctor, 2nd. fix is now printed in final draft.

I will sell it through a website I am having constructed and a link will be put through to here....with no amazon top up...

i am looking at a "discount code" for guys on here......

thanks for all your help

alan

good evening everyone.

well time moves on.... i have boxes of books lying around and spend an unhealthy amount of time staring at the in-box on the e-mail:coat

i was down at the intrepid dave gee's house yesterday. he is my art man who is the whizz on a macApplaud Smiley(it could not happen without him!)

he said the best medicine is for me to do what i do best and start writing again which i have started again this very evening. I have a rough starting draft which i am putting together. i actually started it about 18 months ago so have enjoyed re-visiting it.

the draft is an installation tips and tricks manual which i will keep adding to as the things pop into my mind:|

anyhow, i did have a working title of "the life and times of the jurassic spark" which i dreamt up. however it is not very original as we have a poster on this forum with that very nameheadbang

i know that i have mentioned this before, but i would like comments on this title and suggestions on alternatives. it has to be humorous but to the point. as before the winner will receive a foc copy in the post the same day as my dear mother, who thinks i am dead clever:x

best wishes

alan

Considering the Valentino Rossi connection, how about the Part P doctor, rides again?

Latest posts